Just Stop!

anolte

Like many in this forum, I have been a Zep fan for decades. At the age of 50, I realize that I may never see a show billed as Led Zeppelin. The lucky few that saw the O2 performance, are in fact, the lucky few. While many here, continue to hope that the band members want to satisfy millions of fans, the reality is, hold-outs may prevent this from ever happening.

I applaud the The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, KISS and Aerosmith for staying with their old and new fans. All continue to entertain their fans and perform to this day. Fans made these bands what they are and they continue to deliver absent ego's.

Nothing is more important than the fans that made each and every band and band member what they are today. Bands and band members that no longer entertain their fans certainly do not deserve to have this fans support.

I will always love and listen to Zeppelin tunes. However, I cannot come to terms with millions of disappointed fans. There is no logic.

Honestly I don't think members of Led appreciate the fans like other bands do.

why?

Because Robert Plant doesn't want to tour as Led Zeppelin without John Bonham?

As much as I'd like to see it, I admire Robert's stance ..... and his loyalty to John Bonham.

why?

Because Robert Plant doesn't want to tour as Led Zeppelin without John Bonham?

As much as I'd like to see it, I admire Robert's stance ..... and his loyalty to John Bonham.

I think John would be honored for Zep to tour with his son on the drums. Robert = ego. The John Bonham thing is just an excuse.

So . . they don't deserve their fans' support, but you will continue to love them. And it's the disappointed fans you can't come to terms with, not the band's decisions. :huh:

Wanna run that one by us again? There is no logic.

Give me a break. I love what Zeppelin was, not what they have become (or at least one of them) and yes, when Robert comes to town, I don't go to see his show. With the response to O2, it is hard to understand how any band or band member can see such a HUGE demand and just say, oh well, sorry to all the fans that made them what they are. Without the fans, they are nothing and certainly could not live the luxury life that Zep fans have paid for.

I think John would be honored for Zep to tour with his son on the drums. Robert = ego. The John Bonham thing is just an excuse.

i think John would be honored too, but if it doesn't feel right to Robert ... why should he have to do it?

If it was about Robert's ego... he'd want to be playing in front of 100.000 people a night making hundreds of millions of dollars... what better way to stroke an ego.

So I don't think it's that.

He's disbanded some incredible solo bands.... Strange Sensations was so good ... So wasn't the Now and Zen lineup... He wants to keep moving forward and Led Zeppelin without John Bonham is not what he wants to do...

Give me a break. I love what Zeppelin was, not what they have become (or at least one of them) and yes, when Robert comes to town, I don't go to see his show. With the response to O2, it is hard to understand how any band or band member can see such a HUGE demand and just say, oh well, sorry to all the fans that made them what they are. Without the fans, they are nothing and certainly could not live the luxury life that Zep fans have paid for.

Oh I see. It's just another Plant-bashing thread. :rolleyes:

Archived