Early or Later Beatles?

For me personally, it's pretty hard to say for sure whether I prefer the early works of the Beatles or their later works. I was first exposed to the later works of the Beatles (as per my dad's music collection). My first album was Abbey Road, followed by Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and later Revolver. This was during my early teens. During my late teens, I explored albums like Yellow Submarine and then thanks to my mom's music collection, I started to explore the early works like Beatles For Sale, Help! and Rubber Soul. While my mom absolutely loves all the stuff by the Beatles, my dad is very fond of their later works. I on the other hand, am like my mom. So, yeah, I don't think I can ever decide whether I prefer the early or later works of the Beatles because it (to me) is just too damn hard! B)

Im impressed you know so much about a video game and the concept/plot of it........I never play em'

Tiki, did your one-sided romance fall short....or did you forget to take your bi-polar medicine? ..you were on a good track for a few days. I guess it's back to the same old same old...... :whistling:

Actually Major, "Troll Slayer" is a player vs. player guild acheivment requiring an honorable kill on all Troll classes in the online World Of Warcraft game.

In other words: it's the equivalent of being one of those Star Trek geeks who speaks Klingon and lives in him parents' basement.

I see we have a sense of humor today guys....... or are you two nice fellas some possible canidates? If the shoe fits, wear it.

Nah, all it takes is common sense to identify such a class.....especially if you make it a point to make a lovely remark about it-you've just labeled yourself

I don't think I have, only someone like you can assume someone being a troll, you have do have the master troll diploma, right?

:hysterical: Nah, I never went to that school...but thanks for confirming your status-......looks like you fit the term

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question or thought, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group or individual.

Usually, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, its ignorance shows.

People use language , remarks and insults regularly. However, the level and frequncey of the messages determines the culprit.

I'lll give you the benefit of the doubt and say "your bored" , unless you still take this as offensive...and in that case-well.......

:rolleyes: Oh sure you don't. Your entire online persona revolves around a military authority figure and now you add "troll slayer" to the title just to top it off. Either you are a troll yourself, or as someone else suggested, just full of yourself.

Personally I'm really not sure which to believe. After you lost the debate on Beatles/boy band so badly; I had to assume you were just intentionally baiting people into the arguement just based on your circular reasoning that went nowhere. If that is really the case then I at least give you props for sucking me into that mindless argument. I suppose I should have taken a cue from Stryder and Jahfin (both long time respected members) who while disagreeing with your points, were wise enough not to get sucked in the way some of the newer members did... they must know you better than the rest of us. So in that respect you pulled off a classic troll move, and then you win I guess based on what you guys like to do. All I wanted to do was debate the merits of your theory. I posted several great reponses, however you didn't even respond to them other than to call me an idiot for having a different point of view. You obviously were not interested in the discussion as much as you were interested in creating havoc.

OR- You are just full of yourself and changing your "title" just makes you feel more self important in an attempt to exercise some forum authority over others. What you are then doing is just making ad hominem attacks on other people's character in a lame attempt to categorize people in a negative light and then diminish the merits of their points of view, rather than win your arguments based on the the merits of your position. Personal attacks are always a sign that a person can't win an argument without resulting to slander and name calling. YOU are the one people should be pointing to as the trouble maker.

You see this is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Rock Historian is again (third or fourth time) mentioning the fact that I complimented our lovely Deborah J on sharing a beautiful tribute that one of the long time forum members made in honor of some of ladies here before he tragically passed away from cancer far too soon in his life. Here you are not only disrespecing Deborah (once again), but also the memory of the man who passed away, his family and friends, AND every other member of this forum, myself included. You are being childish and immature sir. Is this really something to continue to make fun of? Deborah J has indicated in your defense that you are not the person some have accused you of. So then why do you continue to throw her under the bus in such a crass manner. In your avatar you wear a helmet like you are some chivalrous knight in armor. Yet you show Deborah zero respect as a woman or a friend. I would NEVER treat my friends in such a discourteous manner. Especially since this all started with a tribute post for a man from what I can tell everybody here loved and misses. Have you no honor whatsoever?

Then as if that is not enough, you still can't help yourself from making even more slanderous and uncalled for personal attacks on me by suggesting that I am not taking medicine for a personality disorder. What if I or anyone else did have a personality disorder that required medication? Would that really be something to make fun of? Do you really believe that there are not people here who just might take medication for issues like bi-polar personality disorders? So then what are you really saying about other people here or maybe their family and loved ones? Are you really that socially inept?

You are the one who is making accusations here over and over again. Your posts suggest that you are the troll and not some of the other people you are suggesting. But if that is not the case then the only other thing we are to assume is that you are just not a very nice person. You may have fooled some people around here for awhile. But if you are only here to make fun of nice ladies, cancer victims and people who may or may not have other serious issues; then I feel sorry for you, I truly do.

Don't pay that game- i'm not disrespecting anyone but you- ....in response to your neverending jabs you like to throw. The last few days, I have left you alone because you left me alone...if you notice- i only write you in a reply to what you post to or about me. I mentioned and directed my thoughts directly at you...don't put anyone else in the mix...just go get another refill of your meds...you obviously haven't taken them today. You've been here way to short of a time to be pissing people off. And you don't realize but I've been here for years-and you won't scare me off or bully me around with your unwanted post.

I know the game you play-and you won't win. I was here before you and most likely after. So if you want it to stop-YOU make the choice. I don't bother you and you willl never hear from me unless you ask for it. I won't pick and argument or fight with you, but I won't run away either. So don't bring anyone else into the mix-this is between you and I . If you wanna get so fuckin childish as to take offense to my title/which has many meanings to me-(that are apparently over your head) -then you must be one of em (troll) If your not a troll, then why would you get upset???ask yourself that-fool! . You seemed to have calmed down for a few days when Deb talked you through it and tamed your inner beast-but it's loose again. Thats where the one sided romance comes in-....if your attraction or infatuation to someone keeps you from being a total douche, than Im fine with that- but apparently that hasn't been enough for you-as you are back for round two. You really are a pathetic person. Thanks for showing your true colors again-you won't fool me. Before you insert your foot in your mouth and sound more foolishh than you already look-think about what I said.

You may be educated, but being book smart- doesn't guarantee you common sense.

So childish and lame Rock Historian. Currently you are acting like a deer in the headlights. You have been exposed for your disrespectul comments which included pulling Deborah J and Charles (the man who died of cancer), and other overtly biggotted remarks in another thread suggesting that it's okay to compare Gene Simmons (a Jew) to Adolph Hitler.

I have never indicated one way or the other anything about any medical condition I may or may not have, or do I need to. You have invented that lie for some reason only you can explain. And when I tried to point out to you that in your attempt to make fun of me that way, you may be insulting other people here who may or may not be under some care for a medical condition that is not their fault. That makes you a bigot sir wether you care to admit it or not. This is not about me, it's about you and the type of comments you are willing to use in anger. Have you ever talked to anyone about this anger Rock? If you feel that you may not be emotionally capable of dealing with these kinds of issues, I encourage you to seek the help of someone who might be able to talk you through them. And I mean this in all sincerity. And if it turns out that as a result of a doctor's evaluation he places you on some sort of medication to help you; I would be the first person to defend you against anyone seeking to bully you for something that you could not help.

I hope you find the help you may need Rock. I mean that.

:spam: You disgust me-to throw someone I knew who has passed away-along with another friend of mine into this equation. You are TOTAL SCUM!

If you claim to have known Charlie why did you disrupt that thread with a comment directed at me which included Deborah as the object of your inappropriate claim that I was a creepy stalker after her? If you knew about Charlie before you posted that, why did you do it? Have you no respect for anyone Rock?

I wil leave it up to Deborah to respond to this if she wishes to. That is up to her. But I have neither pm'd her, stalked her or otherwise done anything other than to compliment her on her contributions to this forum and her sweet and friendly way. But I know the truth and I know Deborah knows the truth as well. Everything I said was in the thread for all to see and read again. However, you felt compelled to use that in an attempt to paint me as some kind of deranged stalker off his meds.

Sorry Rock, you lose again. But keep talking if you like. Everybody can see what your true colors are now.

If you READ what I posted about Charlie, I said I have a feeling something happened, but didn't know what...that was my question to Ally. AGAIN, you twist words. Ive been on here for a few years and NEVER had a quarrel up until rencetly with a few other "new" members. You in particular think your bigger and badder than a steel bridge, when in reality all you want is for me to saisfy your desires to argue- to NO end. People who REALLY know me, have much respect and likewise-you on the other hand put words and phrases that have not been said by me. You just read what you want and your lack of comprehention gets in the way of what the real meaning of things are. You assume too much. You make Mountains out of Molehills and you argue Continuously. The only time I mentioned Deb was when I said that she calmed you down and tamed you by conversing back with you and basically was a mediator for you to understand what you didn't see. She did a good job of that. If I wanna ask a question about someone (meaning Charlie) that I don't know about-I have that right to do so. It was not done in a tastless manner- I simply said that I had a feeling something had happened. And guess what-your the only one who has a problem with that- everyone else was able to send me a message or a link telling me of this unknown circumstance. You read what you want and create things that aren't said. I think it's safe to say that we dislike one anohter, and I'm very fine with that. So I'll be the bigger man here and say that this is done for me. You will not have me satisfy your desires to argue anymore and in due time you'll find another member to argue with (you've already done it several times) You don't have it in you to call it a day-nor do you want to. To me, your not a man, but a child. If you want to keep writting do so, but I won't read it-I won't waste anymore time glorifing your existence here. The best way to handle some people is to ignore them-so in my mind-you loose (since you wanna make it a battle)...your a total nutjob

You seem to have forgotten the facts again. What happened was Deborah posted a video and I commented on it and voted her the prettiest girl the video. I don't know any of the other ladies in the video, all of them looked very nice and pleasant. But since I recognized Deborah, and I do find her to be a classy lady based on the many contributions I have read by her. I made a comment. A positive one at that. However, what I did not realize at the time was the context of that video and what had occured. And as soon as the facts were told to me I apologized for my remark as it would have been rude given the context had I known what happened to Charlie before hand. Which btw, was not in anyway intended to be, or taken as anything but a compliment even by Deborah. You however used that comment that I made to Deborah to turn it into something negative and inflamatory. I don't believe that you could have not known that you were being crass and disrespectful. Everybody saw what your comments were.

I have no reason to or any cause to dislike you personally Rock. I don't even know. But when we have disagreed on topics you have constantly made personal attacks calling me everything from a stalker to an idiot and a scumbag. That is what you said, I have always tried to avoid using slanderous remarks like the type you so easily rely on.

Are you talking about my tounge and cheek exchanges with Reggie? Reggie dished and I dished and in the end neither of us lost our temper or allowed our little back and forth fun to degenerate to slander or attacks one each other of such a personal nature you are so easliy capable of doing. In my book that makes Reggie a decent guy, and as in our little back and forth I posted something nice out of respect for his fine sense of humor. You however don't have any sense of humor and in fact, you are capable of very vile comments when you feel disrespected. Disrespect in your case is just someone disagreeing with your positions on music and other non important topics. How vain must you be?

Again, you have to get personal. What a shame a man like you is incapable of accepting personal responsibilty for his own angry and destructive comments.

Good luck Rock.

Tiki, Im gonna leave you on a good note....just because my choice of words may be more vulgar than yours, doesn't make you a better man... It doesn't excuse your intentions, replies, or comments nor does it make them of any greater value. You don't come out looking like a million bucks after this one-trust me. Your no better then anyone else here-even though you portray yourself as such a reasonable, upstanding gentleman. To be genuine, I hope you truly find what your looking for, wheather it be a good woman, a steady job, a cool video game, some devoted friends, etc. to tame the beast within you-(that i've had the pleasure of dealing with in more times than not), that unleashes such an argumentive anger and neverending will to be "right" or "win", that you seem hopeless to come to any solution that would help you better realise that the world is not your own, and everyone in it has their right to express a view-even if it seems radical by your beliefs.

I agree-that we disagree. That's a fair way of leaving it. And lastly, I have a damn good sense of humor, but your dis-taste has overlooked that fact. -take care of yourself- maybe one day in the very far future, we can relate to something of value.

So then you are sticking with the pro Nazi anti-semetic holocaust denying video you posted as proving your position on the positive contributions to animals?

For clarification I just thought you might want to answer that one? So here is your oppourtunity to correct the record just in case you want to say that you were in error.

No, let me ask you the question. How many times did I say to you "for the welfare of the ANIMALS" Hitler did good things??? Did I say for the welfare of people? Did I defend his status in any other way or justify what he did to human beings besides the one sole FACT of the laws he set in place and enforced for the preservation and well being of cats, dogs, and other living animals? I am not defending the man, his actions or his demonic terror against people. Im acknowledging that he helped animals and protected them. That's a FACT of life. And it was the only quote I posted. If you despise the man, that's great. I understand that. And if you have NO love of animals or connection with them, then you have no reason to relate to what I'm saying. As for me, I think it was a great thing he did to protect animals. Because I get it. I understand the connection, the respect, the love for an animal. Besides that , he was a peice of shit. So are you saying that you can only like/love or dislike/hate someone or something completley? You don't believe that someone has good qualities even though you may not like them or what they stand for? I don't know if your just incredibly analytical or Im just to logical , but I can't be more clear than this. If you wanna continue this-go to another thread or page. This is way off topic and it's been this way since we got here-

Rock I apologize to you. I was confused about which thread I was in when I brought up your pro Hitler video that you posted in the other thread. I did not intend to hijack this thread in that manner and it was purely just an error on my part.

I do not need to go through all the points we discussed in the other thread where I believe that I soundly defeated every fallacy you presented in regard to celebrating the moral acts of Nazis in terms of how they threated animals. However I will respond to this part of your last post.

You said:

This is non-sequiter. If a man doesn't beat his wife does that prove that he is a good husband?

Prove to us all how my rejection of Hitler and ALL of his policies, including his animal protection policies, means that I don't have any love for animals? Have you ever read a book Rock Historian, or do you only get your information from wikipedia and any blogs where have come up from your google searches?

Only if the link is enough factual proof to have you disagree......... :whistling:

So why do you choose to look past his quality and fact of protecting animals???

It is a common trait of psychopaths and social misfits that they care more about animals than humans. You know those teachers' or care workers' comments about problem kids, where they say 'he/she is good with animals'? That's more a euphermism than a compliment. They're not saying 'he/she is really really nice to animals, what a lovely kid'. They're saying 'this kid is a total fucking psycho, with the social skills of a mollusc, but at least he/she doesn't perform live dissections on household pets'.

:hysterical: Good one. Personally speeking, I have friends and am very social. I have a wife, kids, animals, job , etc. I function well in the world. My love for animals runs deep, because I have a heart for them. It doesn't forshadow my abilty to function in society or neglect the people around me that I love-Im not gonna kill 6 million people either.

Um Rock...... Hello Rock you in there? Hellooooo Rock.... Hellooooo!

I don't know why you are laughing? Major Major was not calling me the psycho, he was making a point about why the behavior of a psychopath, and how their false affection for animals does not equate to any meaningful positive ethical or moral traits which should be celebrated.

Hitler was a psychopath too.

Dude, you are way too serious...that laugh was not directed at you in ANY way.

Good one.

You know, Led Tiki, I do like your sense of humour, but I'm not keen on all this handbags-at-dawn back and forth stuff you're indulging in with Rock Hysterian. I think you both need to grow up a little. And then one of you needs to back down - for the sake of the board, and seasonal harmony. C'mon dudes, just let it go, ok?

:thumbsup: You right there! I agree. My fault is that I get drawn in to such bullshit, when it's directed towards me- hey, do me a favor Major-take your own advice sometime too, will ya? :beer:

Actually I've had at least 7 messages encouraging me to keep after him on the Hitler thing. I won't say who but I will say it is some of his so called former friends.

I don't believe there is a person I know well on here that would tell you that, because they are smart enough to read my fact of proof. And that's what you challenged me to present. A document or proof. NOT my love or hate of him. So you can't judge me on that- I made no comment on it. goodbye

Archived