Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DragonTelecaster

Font used on American Horror Story TV drama

Is it just me, or did 20th Century Fox use/borrow the font off of LZIV for their TV drama, "American Horror Story"?

I think the font is known as "The Kashmir True Type" font. Brian Davies may be the originator?

They're not identical, but close enough.

Even so, seems sort of like a cheap ripoff or something. Kinda cool, yet it isn't. Know what I mean?

Stay hard.

DT

I was not aware of Dyer. I was in the middle of checking it out when I saw your reply. You are correct.

Seems like a twisted version of Dyer. Can't be Desdemona.

Seems that Zep had some influence for their font! ;)

I think it's that font but it's highly condensed.

The AHS font is a slight derivation of the Charles Rennie Mackintosh Font as someone already posted. LZIV's font was very similar (alhough a serif font) to the type of Art Deco lettering which was used to advertise some of CRM's European exhibitions, but is quite different to what has become recognised as the Charles Rennie Mackintosh style. I think this is the original . . . www.crmfont.co.uk