Bath Blues Festival 1969 - any footage or audio?

jimnastics

My Dad went to the Bath Blues Festival in 1969, and has fond memories of seeing LZ there. I've found plenty of photos from this event that I've shown him, but I was wondering if any footage or audio has ever surfaced? I thought I read somewhere a few years back that some old 8mm silent film had surfaced, but I haven't seen anything since. So, is there anything out there?

My Dad went to the Bath Blues Festival in 1969, and has fond memories of seeing LZ there. I've found plenty of photos from this event that I've shown him, but I was wondering if any footage or audio has ever surfaced? I thought I read somewhere a few years back that some old 8mm silent film had surfaced, but I haven't seen anything since. So, is there anything out there?

Doesn't appear to be any known audio, here is what is known about the date and the 8mm footage you mention...

JUNE 28 - FIRST BATH FESTIVAL OF BLUES & PROGRESSIVE MUSIC, SHEPTON MALLET, ENGLAND (SATURDAY, START AT 12 noon)

Shared bill with Ten Years After, Fleetwood Mac, John Mayall, The Nice, Chicken Shack, Colosseum, Blodwyn Pig, The Keef Hartley Blues Band, Taste, Roy Harper, Savoy Brown Blues Band, Champion Jack Dupree, Clouds, Babylon, Group Therapy, Principal Edward's Magic Theatre, The Edgar Broughton Band, Deep Blues Band, Just Before Dawn, The Liverpool Scene, and DJ John Peel.

Recording Includes: Unknown song listing.

Source: Incomplete 8mm silent color amateur footage. 30 seconds.

Details: Need further information.

Doesn't appear to be any known audio, here is what is known about the date and the 8mm footage you mention...

JUNE 28 - FIRST BATH FESTIVAL OF BLUES & PROGRESSIVE MUSIC, SHEPTON MALLET, ENGLAND (SATURDAY, START AT 12 noon)

Shared bill with Ten Years After, Fleetwood Mac, John Mayall, The Nice, Chicken Shack, Colosseum, Blodwyn Pig, The Keef Hartley Blues Band, Taste, Roy Harper, Savoy Brown Blues Band, Champion Jack Dupree, Clouds, Babylon, Group Therapy, Principal Edward's Magic Theatre, The Edgar Broughton Band, Deep Blues Band, Just Before Dawn, The Liverpool Scene, and DJ John Peel.

Recording Includes: Unknown song listing.

Source: Incomplete 8mm silent color amateur footage. 30 seconds.

Details: Need further information.

You mistook the 1969 film for the 1970 film, which surfaced in late August thanks to Joey1985, it was shot by Jochen Laschinsky on silent 8mm film, anyway, the Bath '69 film, I believe there is 3 minutes or so of footage of 8mm film, the original film was sold by the owner, I had an article of this film from my archives, I'll check for it and let you know if I find it...

No, he's actually right, 3 minutes does exist of the Bath 1969 film but the filmer says the Zep segment is 30 seconds. As I said the reel is in the hands of an unnamed European collector, and the original filmer (Steve Bassett) has a VHS copy of it. Hopefully one day It'll surface.

No, he's actually right, 3 minutes does exist of the Bath 1969 film but the filmer says the Zep segment is 30 seconds. As I said the reel is in the hands of an unnamed European collector, and the original filmer (Steve Bassett) has a VHS copy of it. Hopefully one day It'll surface.

Thanks guys. Shame the filmer decided to sell the original film to a collector, can't imagine we'll be seeing that any day soon, though at least the filmer kept a VHS copy. I found an article in another thread on here where the filmer said he was going to get it digitally transferred... I wonder if he got that done before he sold it? Anyway, looks like I'm out of luck trying to track anything down for my old man.

Archived