Sir Jimmy Page ?

truth and beauty

As a non-British person I see knighthood as pretty much any other award. It's not given to the most deserving, just to the most popular among the person/committee that gives the award. If I was from England I may see a royal family as being more important than anyone else and their opinions more valid but I honestly don't see knighthood as being any better than winning a Nobel prize, Grammy or coming in first on an internet poll.

The Queen carries out royal duties like state dinners and attending other such upper class functions. She is a mouthpiece for the Government and has little say on how the country is run, you can thank Oliver Cromwell for that. She has never vetoed any military action, 1,000,000 marched against invading Iraq in 2003 and look what happened.

as far as all this mbe obe and knighthoods go, if you want to be a part of an out of date Imperial outfit go for it but you join the ranks of invaders and slave mongers. The British Empire doesn't exist in the usual sense but it does exist under the cloak of the Commonwealth

Archived