Sir Jimmy Page ?

truth and beauty

Tweeting tonight ..

Photo_on_2010-05-17_at_16.54_normal.jpg

Brunostrumpet

@LouiseMensch High n'dry and Slang are better! No doubting the class of Leppard. NE chance of your lot giving Rick Allen a Knighthood?

louise_mensch_normal.jpg

45]

Louise Mensch

I've proposed Jimmy Page. Waiting to see if that finds favour with Honours Directorate. I hope so.

You can google Louise Mensch. But in the meantime :

- she's an influential new Conservative MP with a background in the music industry

- she's married to Jimmy's ex-manager, Peter Mensch.

What recent article was it where the writer stated that Jimmy is the second least-likeliest (after Keith Richards) rock star to be knighted? I can't remember. Anyway, the implication was his past was too scandalous. That's not a bad accomplishment in my book: to have a past so bad you can't ever live it down.

You know the papers would run that photo of Jimmy in the SS hat, looking frighteningly thin.

• 2 weeks later...

Now Peter and Louise Mensch has to be the weirdest celebrity rock marriage ever or what? I mean like who would have put money on that pair teaming up!

Well, her readers - perhaps? http://www.dailymail...e-Bagshawe.html

But never mind all that ... an MP with her taste in music and knowledge of the industry is a rare and positive thing in the House of Commons !

• 3 weeks later...

The announcements of honours take place twice a year - there's a New Year's Honours List just before New Year's Day, and another one to mark the Queen's official birthday in June.

So fingers crossed for the end of December !

HOWEVER - let's not forget that knighthood is ( obviously ! ) a feudal kind of thing. Yes, it was opened up to public nominations as long ago as the early 90s (!) But hey, they're only nominations and there's not a lot of scrutiny about how the process works after that.

One cautionary tale is that of the veteran ( and very mainstream) family entertainer Bruce Forsyth who's finally been knighted after 70 years in showbusiness ...his knighthood followed years of campaigning by fans on Facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere: the persistent failure to knight him was seen as a travesty and was the subject of an Early Day Motion in Parliament .

The point being, it could be a long game, and democracy and public support have little to do with it.

Still, a nomination from an MP will have traction, and Louise Mensch has also made sure to get support from across the music industry.

She's also, as a new MP, made a lot of waves - good and bad. So do they owe her favours and encouragement, or has she rubbed them up the wrong way ? I think that's our question.

Hi all,

After the recent move by a British politician, Louise Mensch to put forward JP for a Knighthood, I have decided to put together a simple e-petition for fans to add their support to the idea.

I'm not sure if it will ever happen due to Jimmy's documented interest in the occult but nevertheless, I truly believe that he is as deserved as any of the other names from rock royalty to be bestowed to date, so, please feel free to register your backing at www.SirJimmyPage.com

Good luck Jimmy!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....I really believed that I could get quite a few of the fans here at ledzeppelin.com to sign up to my e-petition (details below) but I have just heard from the guy looking after the database for this and he said that a massive '15' people had signed up so far?

C'mon guys, you know he deserves this!

:unsure:

The announcements of honours take place twice a year - there's a New Year's Honours List just before New Year's Day, and another one to mark the Queen's official birthday in June.

So fingers crossed for the end of December !

HOWEVER - let's not forget that knighthood is ( obviously ! ) a feudal kind of thing. Yes, it was opened up to public nominations as long ago as the early 90s (!) But hey, they're only nominations and there's not a lot of scrutiny about how the process works after that.

One cautionary tale is that of the veteran ( and very mainstream) family entertainer Bruce Forsyth who's finally been knighted after 70 years in showbusiness ...his knighthood followed years of campaigning by fans on Facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere: the persistent failure to knight him was seen as a travesty and was the subject of an Early Day Motion in Parliament .

The point being, it could be a long game, and democracy and public support have little to do with it.

Still, a nomination from an MP will have traction, and Louise Mensch has also made sure to get support from across the music industry.

She's also, as a new MP, made a lot of waves - good and bad. So do they owe her favours and encouragement, or has she rubbed them up the wrong way ? I think that's our question.

@truth and beauty: Thank you kindly for that info, I've got my fingers crossed.

Wow....I really believed that I could get quite a few of the fans here at ledzeppelin.com to sign up to my e-petition (details below) but I have just heard from the guy looking after the database for this and he said that a massive '15' people had signed up so far?

C'mon guys, you know he deserves this!

:unsure:

Make that 16, now, who's next?

• 2 weeks later...

^ I dunno, maybe he would. But he's more of a private figure than most of the clowns who would lap up the pomp & circumstance of the ceremony....anyway, OBEs are cool. Less ostentatious. And if I ever met him, I'd address him as 'Sir Jimmy', with or without a knighthood.

Damn right! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Northamptonshire MP Louise Mensch quits for new life in USA

By Kate Cronin

Published on Monday 6 August 2012 09:05

Louise Mensch has resigned as MP of Corby and East Northamptonshire after finding it increasingly difficult to juggle family responsibilities with her political career.

Mrs Mensch, who won her seat in 2010, is stepping down from her role and will now move to New York with her three children to live with her husband, Metallica manager Peter Mensch who is based in the city. She married him last year after the breakdown of her first marriage.

(...)

An official announcement will be made nationally at 10am today but Mrs Mensch wanted her constituents to be the first to know of her resignation.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/northamptonshire-mp-louise-mensch-quits-for-new-life-in-usa-1-4132726

Archived