Why did JPJ keep a Marshall Cab on his side of the stage?

joey1985

I know he used the two dual showmans for keyboards and the two acoustics for bass but why did he have a marshall cab sitting between him and the drums? I thought maybe it was Jimmy's guitar but they always had side fills on stage so that would seem unlikely. Any thoughts would be cool, thanks.

No, I mean the picture that has the heavy red tint from the flying rock circus, that is 71'. Your right JPJ used acoustic cabs and heads for bass but on that tour he had a couple orange heads and cabs floating around too, maybe for guitar or keys, but again orange only had 12'' speakers that I know of, so very unlikely used for keys.

FishHead, that's what I tought but there is nothing on Jimmy's side, really strange when you think about it. Plus having monitors theres no need for it really.

FishHead, that's what I tought but there is nothing on Jimmy's side, really strange when you think about it. Plus having monitors theres no need for it really.

I think in a lot of photos I have noticed only 2 of Jimmy's cabinets being miked for the house which would mean the other two were possibly used as stage monitors with JPJ bass etc possibly. I will try to do a little research.

I think in a lot of photos I have noticed only 2 of Jimmy's cabinets being miked for the house which would mean the other two were possibly used as stage monitors with JPJ bass etc possibly. I will try to do a little research.

also, in watching live clips and looking at photos, Page would venture over on JPJ's side of the stage, so having a cabinet with his guitar coming out on that side would definitely help him feel/hear his playing over there...

Archived