Your Favorite Of Zeppelin's 3 Song Album Sides

The options are:

Physical Graffiti Record One Side A: Custard Pie/The Rover/In My Time Of Dying

Physical Graffiti Record One Side B: Houses Of The Holy/Trampled Underfoot/Kashmir

Presence Side A: Achilles' Last Stand/For Your Life/Royal Orleans

In Through The Out Door Side B: Carouselambra/All My Love/I'm Gonna Crawl

• 2 months later...

Physical Graffiti Side A for me - though Side B is a very close second.

Agreed, especially since I like how hard The Rover and IMTOD are, and you can't forget Kashmir...

First Album Side A for me

The first album has 4 songs on it. There's only 4 options and DAS has kindly listed them above. Note to the original and any future Thread starter: it is much more conducive and beneficial for topic discussion if when asking a question such as this, if you present the choices available.

Not everyone here may know by memory how many of Led Zeppelin's album sides have 3 songs. In this iPod and iTunes world, some may even be befuddled by the concept of "album sides".

Anyways, capricious and arbitrary as these types of threads sometimes seem, I find this one actually quite devilish: it is REALLY tough to decide on an answer!!!

All of them are equally great...with the lone exception of Side 2 of ITTOD; I love Carouselambra but find the other two songs a little limp and soggy. Only Page's solo in I'm Gonna Crawl perks things up for me.

So, ITTOD is the first to cast off from the available options. That leaves the two PG sides and the Presence...all stupendous slabs of vinyl, and I think it really depends on your mood which one is best. "Kashmir" leaves the listener in a rapturous trance, with a sense of hope and benevolence towards all mankind. On the other hand, "In My Time of Dying" confronts the listener with thoughts of their mortality and a sense of impending doom(Bonham and Page sound like they are crashing the Gates of Hell) or salvation(as Plant ascends to St. Peter at the Gates of Heaven.

This is truly one of those "flip a coin" questions...but after contemplating this over my morning coffee, I'll choose Physical Graffiti, Side.......hmmmm.......Side One.

It came down to this...as much as all the sides have their share of intense, dramatic, and even fun(can I get a shout out for "Royal Orleans"?) music, the thing that finally separated Side one of PG from the pack for me was that at the very end of a side of Bonham crushing your skull, you are left with the sound of Bonham coughing and laughing in your ear.

It always brings a smile and a tear to my face as I then remember the man, John Bonham.

1) Physical Graffiti Record One Side B:

Houses Of The Holy

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

2) Physical Graffiti Record One Side A:

Custard Pie

The Rover

In My Time Of Dying

3) Presence Side A:

Achilles' Last Stand

For Your Life

Royal Orleans