Lyrics of rock and roll

percute

Hi there,

I'm sufing the web to find lyrics of the song 'rock and roll' based on the album ' the song remains the same '.

All the results are based on the studio album, and I can't find what I'm looking for.

I hope there is someone here who had understood the words of the first sentence of the second and the third verse.

On the web I found :

1st verse : It's been a long time since I rock and rolled . ------------------ this is ok

2nd verse: Seems so long, since we walked in the moonlight.------------- this is not what I heard

3rd verse : It's been a long time, since the book of love---------------------------this is not what I heard too

Can someone help me ?

Thanks,

percute.

I know this, I'm working on this song for my band. I heard that Robert Plant flipped the 1st and 2nd verse in some concerts. But hear carefully the song , you may easily able to notice that Robert Plant is not saying 'seems so long' at the second verse in concert.

Thanks for your interrest,

Percute.

The question is WHY are you basing your lyrics on the "Song Remains the Same" version to begin with? Just sing the lyrics the way they are sung on the studio version...it makes more sense and it's better for all concerned that way.

I don't mind a little adlibbing here and there, but Robert messed up the narrative logic of several songs when he mixed up the verses..."Kashmir", "Trampled Underfoot", "Sick Again", "The Ocean", "Over the Hills and Far Away", and "Rock and Roll" being the main culprits.

The less said about the mess he made of "Dazed and Confused", the better.

The question is WHY are you basing your lyrics on the "Song Remains the Same" version to begin with? Just sing the lyrics the way they are sung on the studio version...it makes more sense and it's better for all concerned that way.

I don't mind a little adlibbing here and there, but Robert messed up the narrative logic of several songs when he mixed up the verses..."Kashmir", "Trampled Underfoot", "Sick Again", "The Ocean", "Over the Hills and Far Away", and "Rock and Roll" being the main culprits.

The less said about the mess he made of "Dazed and Confused", the better.

I actually like the way alot of the messes sound. Just because a song isn't chronological isn't a bad thing imo.

Why ? so...just because the energy is different depending the word you're saying and the rythmic of these words. With my band we workin on the song based on the live performance.

Thanks for your reply,

Percute

!! \o/ !! Many thanks to you Major Major ! I was afraid that my post'll simply degenerate in a troll :) . Without your take, I would have been obliged to sing of approximate words, and I hate to do it. Thanks again !

percute

Archived