New Movies

MollyHendrix

I's sorry, I have not seen that one yet. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have two.

Quite the opposite.

Not that it "hurts", just for convenience and efficiency.

Not to mention bandwidth.

Confusing trying to remember which movie thread you saw or read something particular in.

Edit to add:

And for the "countdowners"...

In before Jahfin. lulz

Quite the opposite.

Not that it "hurts", just for convenience and efficiency.

Not to mention bandwidth.

Confusing trying to remember which movie thread you saw or read something particular in.

Edit to add:

And for the "countdowners"...

In before Jahfin. lulz

Well, I don't know how to delete it so that is why I said that :D

I have read the book and loved it but I am afraid that the movie will skip out on important parts (like they always do). I really enjoy the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Considering how well the trilogy turned out I have similar hopes for The Hobbit. I also don't care for how parts are left out or when the plot is altered when movies are turned into books but it's just something that comes with the territory. Oftentimes there is also just no way to stay faithful to the written version, unless you get into miniseries, or sequels as Jackson is doing here. No matter how good of a job the filmmaker does or how faithful they may remain to the book, if I've read the book first, that tends to be the experience that means more to me and stays with me longer. With a book you have to use your imagination and those images we create in our minds can never be surpassed on the silver screen. At least that's always been my experience.

Doe it have a specific date in December?

December 14th.

I have read the book and loved it but I am afraid that the movie will skip out on important parts (like they always do).

Hi Victoria,

The book is 287 pages long,so splitting it up into 2 films does make sense.3 is going to be a stretch ans PJ (Peter Jackson) is going have to use other Tolkien materials)

First published in 1937(Sept. 21),it was originally a story to tell his children,it was published almost by accident.It revised in 1966 as the popularity of LOTR grew and Tolkien had the change "Riddles in the Dark' in order to conform to the LOTR and the ring to the One Ring.

KB

Hi Victoria,

The book is 287 pages long,so splitting it up into 2 films does make sense.3 is going to be a stretch ans PJ (Peter Jackson) is going have to use other Tolkien materials)

First published in 1937(Sept. 21),it was originally a story to tell his children,it was published almost by accident.It revised in 1966 as the popularity of LOTR grew and Tolkien had the change "Riddles in the Dark' in order to conform to the LOTR and the ring to the One Ring.

KB

I know!! I have read Les Miserables and the movies they have created sucked! Les Miserables is over 1200 pages and they created one movies out of it. I believe they are doing three movies because they can get more money that way.

Considering how well the trilogy turned out I have similar hopes for The Hobbit. I also don't care for how parts are left out or when the plot is altered when movies are turned into books but it's just something that comes with the territory. Oftentimes there is also just no way to stay faithful to the written version, unless you get into miniseries, or sequels as Jackson is doing here. No matter how good of a job the filmmaker does or how faithful they may remain to the book, if I've read the book first, that tends to be the experience that means more to me and stays with me longer. With a book you have to use your imagination and those images we create in our minds can never be surpassed on the silver screen. At least that's always been my experience.

The trailer looks really interesting, I am relieved they are using the same places as the Trilogy. Now when we have a Lord of The Rings Marathon I guess we will have to add The Hobbit in the beginning O_O That would be a loooong Marathon.

I know!! I have read Les Miserables and the movies they have created sucked! Les Miserables is over 1200 pages and they created one movies out of it.

Sometimes they know better,when SHŌGUN came it out they had the good sense to make into TV min-series,...

KB

I've never read Larry McMurtry's book so I really have nothing to compare it to but I thought Lonesome Dove worked particularly well as a mini-series.

I have never seen it before. I will probably watch it. I am running out of good TV shows and movies. I have been watching the Big Bang Theory and The Crosby Show for a long time

Archived