Pro Wrestling Thread

2bitnogoodjive

I can tell from reading the results that I didn't miss a whole lot. I can remember a time when I used to get pissed off about missing a show, but then I realize that wrestling will never be as good as it was in the 90s when the WCW/WWF Monday Night Wars were at their peak. Good times that I can still fondly reflect on. Wrestling today is ok, but I don't know if it will ever be that good again.

90s wrestling will forever be the best period. From the start with the Hogans and Warriors all the way to the end with the great way they used people like the nWo Austin Rock and HHH. Even sort of after in the early 00s it still ruled. Nowadays it's just crappy but I still watchit out of partisan, it looks like the talent just isn't that great and the creative team have no clue on what to do.

I stopped watching years ago because it started sucking. I remember the glory days with Hulkamania and later the Attitude era. That was good entertainment.

I would also like to wish Jerry Lawler well. I remember him always hollering about "puppies" and what an awesome wrestler his son was back in the day. I was at the PPV Owen Hart died at and remember seeing him fall from the roof and I don't want to see another generation of young fans should see someone die at wrestling match.

I know this is a pro wrestling thread but I want to give Andy Kaufman his due. It's not totally off topic since he was a wrestler of sorts. I loved watching him on TV when I was kid. Back in the days when wrestling was worth watching. And sitcoms were worth watching. And stand-up was worth watching. I miss Andy Kaufman.

^ I don't think I'm a geek because I don't know how to program a computer. I don't even know what it means to program a computer. :P

'Pencil neck geeks'------That was in the days of 'The Great Pompero' and 'Moondog Mayne'

I don't quite remember. I first started watching in the early nineties towards the end of Hulkamania before he joined the NWO.

Yeah, my Mother used to love to watch back in the late 50's and early 60's.

Hulk looked really cool with his fake black sideburns ey? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived