Gene Simmons Given the Task of Reuniting Zeppelin

Bayougal65

I know I may get pelted for saying this. But after hearing these guys play so well at the O2. I'm far more interested in what sort of original music they could put down now on vinyl more than I would with a massive world tour (which at their age really could be tough I would imagine.) Their each still impeccable musicians.

I know I sound like a broken record about this, but just this year "The Beach Boys" released an album that many critics and even fans said was impossible for them to do (Their studio albums from the late 70's to early 90's had largley been considered jokes by most fans and crtics alike) But what did they do? They produced an album thats been praised as the best they've done in many DECADES. especially the albums final "suite" which many critics tout as being their best effort since the PET SOUNDS/SMiLe sessions era. The Beach boys showed it can be done if the willingness is there.

If they can do it, in my heart I know these men could as well.

^^^

OH. MY. GAWD.

How the hell did I miss that episode?!? :blink:

Because I don't remember seeing that at all, and if I had, I definitely would remember, haha! Man, the Gong Show was so much fun...I had the hots for Jaye P. Morgan back then. She looked like an older woman who could definitely teach me a thing or two.

Isn't this much better than discussing Gene whatshisname? ;)

That was great stuff and quite entertaining. I saw that a few years ago on a YT video. Loved that show. It was just so ridiculous and over the top. So 70's. Funny, how crazy Chuck Barris would be and totally get into some of the bizarre performances. I guess, when you have that much coke in your system...that's the result!

That was great stuff and quite entertaining. I saw that a few years ago on a YT video. Loved that show. It was just so ridiculous and over the top. So 70's. Funny, how crazy Chuck Barris would be and totally get into some of the bizarre performances. I guess, when you have that much coke in your system...that's the result!

I knew Chuck Barris was coked up! Thanks for confirming that SuperDave!

Heard Immigrant Song on the radio today and couldn't get that damn stupid act out of my mind!!!!!!!!! :-0

I know I may get pelted for saying this. But after hearing these guys play so well at the O2. I'm far more interested in what sort of original music they could put down now on vinyl more than I would with a massive world tour (which at their age really could be tough I would imagine.) Their each still impeccable musicians.

I know I sound like a broken record about this, but just this year "The Beach Boys" released an album that many critics and even fans said was impossible for them to do (Their studio albums from the late 70's to early 90's had largley been considered jokes by most fans and crtics alike) But what did they do? They produced an album thats been praised as the best they've done in many DECADES. especially the albums final "suite" which many critics tout as being their best effort since the PET SOUNDS/SMiLe sessions era. The Beach boys showed it can be done if the willingness is there.

If they can do it, in my heart I know these men could as well.

I'd love to hear if there is anything else Jimmy, JPJ, Robert and Jason could do in the studio, too... (if they ever chose to do something like that, of course)

R :bubble:

Archived