2012-2013 College Basketball Season

Walter

Now that we are entering the month of December, college basketball is getting into full-swing. Should be another exciting season, finishing with "March Madness" and tournament.

Right now watching my #6 ranked Syracuse Orange play at Arkansas on ESPN. Last season in the Big East for SU....:(

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

Now that we are entering the month of December, college basketball is getting into full-swing. Should be another exciting season, finishing with "March Madness" and tournament.

Right now watching my #6 ranked Syracuse Orange play at Arkansas on ESPN. Last season in the Big East for SU.... :(

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

Amen to that Walter!!! We agree on something!! My daughter and her husband who are both grads and were freshmen the year they won it all were watching tonight as usual. I dont know if I ever told you but when i went to their graduation Billy Joel was there five feet from me. I guess he shows up at alot of the graduations as he is an alumni. I hope they have the weapons to go deep. Ranked 6th right now. Do you think they are as good as last year?

They are YOUNG....but have a lot of size and talent. It's gonna be a tough coaching job for Boeheim, but they should really be hitting their stride come Feb/March, IMO. They won by 9 last night, Arkansas was young also - SU couldn't really put them away. If their bench is strong I think they will do well this season. Last season in the Big East and Louisville is considered one of the best in the country. Should be a fun season!

• 3 months later...

So SU lost the Big East Championship last night, after leading by 16 with 14 min. to go. 4 games in 4 days is a bitch!

What's the deal with the NCAA Tourney?!?

Anyone have a dog in this fight?

So SU lost the Big East Championship last night, after leading by 16 with 14 min. to go. 4 games in 4 days is a bitch!

What's the deal with the NCAA Tourney?!?

Anyone have a dog in this fight?

I am with SU just like you. Hell, we are 2-1 in Vegas and the second damn choice!!!!

Three of my upset picks came through today...Oregon, Cal and Harvard...but not Bucknell, and Pittsburgh was a loser for me, as well. So two losses on the first day already of the Tournament.

BRACKET-BUSTER ALERT: #15 FLORIDA GULF COAST JUST KNOCKED OFF #2 GEORGETOWN 78-68!!!

Holy Molé! Only the seventh time that has happened in NCAA Tournament history. FGCU was throwing down some dunks on the Hoyas.

UCLA looked terrible tonight against Minnesota...which wasn't really an upset considering UCLA was missing two key players. That might have been Ben Howland's last game as UCLA's coach, however.

With UCLA, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame losing, the night games wreaked havoc with my brackets.

I have 4 teams out of my Sweet 16.

Marquette better win this...

They pulled it out, ebk!

But my other two night picks blew. California was an admitted long-shot, I knew, but they still had chances and either threw the ball away or missed free throws.

Gonzaga was the real bummer of the night, though. Them losing completely wrecks the West bracket for me, for I had them in the Final Four. The basketball gods giveth...and they taketh away. We'll see what Sunday brings.

I'm surprised Rick isn't here crowing about his Syracuse Orangemen and the money he won.

They pulled it out, ebk!

But my other two night picks blew. California was an admitted long-shot, I knew, but they still had chances and either threw the ball away or missed free throws.

Gonzaga was the real bummer of the night, though. Them losing completely wrecks the West bracket for me, for I had them in the Final Four. We'll see what Sunday brings.

I'm surprised Rick isn't here crowing about his Syracuse Orangemen and the money he won.

I should be careful what I wish for... Marquette won, but now I have 6 teams out of my Sweet 16. I also had Cal and Gonzaga.

Good thing I only have pride on the line :)

Walter. What say ye? We won? How much farther do the Orange last?

Great start for the 'cuse! Today Indiana plays, so we'll see who opponent will be in the next round. I know the Orange can beat anyone, including Indiana. But they have to shoot better, both from the free throw line and the field. Their defense looks great so far though! Next stop, DC where there will be A LOT of orange in the crowd!

My bracket picks today:

Ohio St.

Indiana

Kansas

Florida

Mississippi

Miami

Duke

And since both teams I had originally got knocked out in their first game(Georgetown and Oklahoma), I'm taking Florida Gulf Coast over San Diego State.

What my March Madness brackets look like so far...the red ink marks the games I picked wrong. Florida Gulf Coast is my sentimental favourite now. So, Walter and Rick, how far do you have Syracuse going?

post-1470-0-53558600-1364422310_thumb.jp

Final 8....I have them beating Indiana this Thursday and then losing to Miami in the regional finals. I have 11 of the 16 teams right now and my final 4 teams are still active. If Indiana gets hot from the outside, 'cuse will be in trouble though! They have to dominate the middle to extend their zone. We shall see....:prayer:

Archived