Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul Jones to appear on CBS Sunday Morning tomorrow at 9 am

aen27

I think some people who are saying the feature should have had more of this, or more of that, forget that this was broadcast on the CBS Sunday Morning new show. As such, its target audience is very broad, and most of the viewers have minimal familiarity with LedZep. Same logic applies to the Letterman interview. I know the Zep diehards here wanted a 45 minute piece with nothing but hard-hitting questions to Jimmy, Robert & JPJ, but that probably wasn't what the production crew was looking to do (in either case).

Your point is well made and true. The audience is not an audience that would know them that well, except for die hards like us that knew it would be on. I assure you there are ten times as many Zepp fans out there that had no clue it was on. Letterman however is a shit.

I myself only caught the end of it as my wife was watching it. I had no idea it was to be on.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I don't know if they would have been open to this line of questioning, but I would ask their impressions/thoughts about current rock music, the music business today, etc. I wonder what Jimmy the producer thinks of the rampant (and painful) use of autotune.

Just in the past week I've read articles in The Guardian and The New York Post trying to address the continuing popularity of so-called "classic rock." http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/dec/18/trends-2012-classic-rock

I don't know if they would have been open to this line of questioning, but I would ask their impressions/thoughts about current rock music

A similar question was asked at the press conferences. JPJ said that most modern bands out there are very song-based, with Plant adding that he loves Mumford & Sons.

Edited by Geezer