High School Daze with Led Zeppelin

ZEPFAN17

I can remember back in high school we would be out in the parking lot smoking a couple three bones before school with Led Zeppelin tunes cranking from open trunks. Those were the Daze. One day the cops came to the smoke fest to a greeting of Dancing Days are Here Again to the displeasure of the cops. We all screwed before they knew who was who. Well since then I gave up the MaryJane but still jam to Led Zeppelin daily.

LedZep.jpgmarijuana-pot-reefer-weed-dope-poster-flag-sign.jpeg

One of my fondest memories of HIGH school was in the autumn (1986) after soccer practice and me and my friends going back to my (parents) house and doing massive Bong hits in my room playing "No Quarter". A memory I will always cherish.

"Close the door, put out the light.

You know they won't be home tonight.

The snow falls hard and don't you know?

The winds of Thor are blowing cold.

They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through.

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step

The snow drives back the foot that's slow, The dogs of doom are howling more

They carry news that must get through, To build a dream for me and you

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter. They ask no quarter.

The pain, the pain without quarter.

They ask no quarter.

The dogs of doom are howling more!..."

From that day ever onward, "No Quarter" is still in My top 5 favorite Led Zeppelin Songs.

for music class , we had to choose a band and give a talk and play some songs to the rest of the class .... naturally i chose led zep. i hung a huge poster on the blackboard, and played stairway, trampled underfoot, and kashmir ( my faves at that time ). the class sat there stunned, as most had never heard of zeppelin .... the teacher had, though. she was cool. this was either 76 or 77 ish.

Archived