Led Zeppelin DVD2

(Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum, I noticed my other thread was moved and I didn't know to post it there, so sorry if this one belongs there, I honestly can't tell)

Anyways, I have an idea. Why not a Led Zeppelin DVD 2? Since we have access to all the Earls Court, Knebworth, and Seattle, what do you guys think of the idea of a fan made Led Zeppelin DVD2? I am really open for discussion on this, and want opinions. Also sorry for all the threads haha. I just have a lot to say :)

(Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum, I noticed my other thread was moved and I didn't know to post it there, so sorry if this one belongs there, I honestly can't tell)

Anyways, I have an idea. Why not a Led Zeppelin DVD 2? Since we have access to all the Earls Court, Knebworth, and Seattle, what do you guys think of the idea of a fan made Led Zeppelin DVD2? I am really open for discussion on this, and want opinions. Also sorry for all the threads haha. I just have a lot to say :)

Great idea but do you have any visuals from Earls Court 17th, 18th and 23rd May? Because if you do can you share them? No visuals have ever surfaced from any of these shows.

Since we have access to all the Earls Court, Knebworth, and Seattle, what do you guys think of the idea of a fan made Led Zeppelin DVD2? I am really open for discussion on this, and want opinions. Also sorry for all the threads haha. I just have a lot to say :)

These have all been booted many times, why would we need another?

These have all been booted many times, why would we need another?

Because it's fun? Boredom? I wasn't just thinking of taking like 1 1/2 hours worth of videos ripped off of youtube and putting it on a DVD. I'm thinking of community input, carefully selected videos documenting Led Zeppelin through the years. Although Jimmy used most of the good footage available for the Led Zeppelin DVD, there still remains some pretty decent footage out there to do a fan DVD2. It would have menus with 8mm film LZ concerts as background footage also, just my ideas personally of how I envision it.

Although Jimmy used most of the good footage available for the Led Zeppelin DVD, there still remains some pretty decent footage out there to do a fan DVD2. It would have menus with 8mm film LZ concerts as background footage also, just my ideas personally of how I envision it.

Any worthwhile (if not all) available footage is already in circulation. The concert length features (Seattle '77, Knebworth '79, etc.) have already been released, remastered, rereleased, re-remastered many times. Your time is much better spent collecting the best of those releases than attempting to cobble yet another one together.

Any worthwhile (if not all) available footage is already in circulation. The concert length features (Seattle '77, Knebworth '79, etc.) have already been released, remastered, rereleased, re-remastered many times. Your time is much better spent collecting the best of those releases than attempting to cobble yet another one together.

Of course I do want to college the best of the releases for personal use. I just think as a fun project it'd be cool to do another DVD, just kind of another way to look at how they changed over the years. The idea certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those who like the idea, here is the thread about it.

Of course I do want to college the best of the releases for personal use. I just think as a fun project it'd be cool to do another DVD, just kind of another way to look at how they changed over the years. The idea certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those who like the idea, here is the thread about it.

What it will always comes down to is if there isn't previously unseen footage involved there's little to no point in doing it.

A collage of what you speak has already been done, too. And in better quality of ripping videos off Youtube.

A collage of what you speak has already been done, too. And in better quality of ripping videos off Youtube.

Okay. I also never said I was going to rip videos off of youtube. I said it would be more than that. Careful thought of the videos used, downloading the lowest gen available, etc. As far as it being a waste of time, would be for some, for others it'd be a fun project.

Okay. I also never said I was going to rip videos off of youtube. I said it would be more than that. Careful thought of the videos used, downloading the lowest gen available, etc. As far as it being a waste of time, would be for some, for others it'd be a fun project.

For christ sake! You seem to have come up with a brilliant idea! I don't know why people who don't find this to their taste don't just simply move to a thread that interests them. No. They have to billiously critisize the idea! Well it would definetely include "Ten Years Gone" among others from Knebworth (4/8/79). Seattle '77 would be a defo as well. Then why limit the 8mm clips to menu backdrops? Why not a whole section running to 40 mins. - an hour with a montage of different 8mm sources set to the best audio of each tour the final result being a complete timeline of the band's career. Kind of like the "TSRTS" composite from '77 on the PROMOS menu from disc two of the DVD. It's interesting and I have thought of it many times as well.

For christ sake! You seem to have come up with a brilliant idea! I don't know why people who don't find this to their taste don't just simply move to a thread that interests them. No. They have to billiously critisize the idea! Well it would definetely include "Ten Years Gone" among others from Knebworth (4/8/79). Seattle '77 would be a defo as well. Then why limit the 8mm clips to menu backdrops? Why not a whole section running to 40 mins. - an hour with a montage of different 8mm sources set to the best audio of each tour the final result being a complete timeline of the band's career. Kind of like the "TSRTS" composite from '77 on the PROMOS menu from disc two of the DVD. It's interesting and I have thought of it many times as well.

well said!

Archived