Beats Like Bonham now available

Dallas Knebs

first few laps around the track:

1. useful

2. accurate

3. true to feel

manufacturer did it right. They are ok intuitively, they are better if you know what makes LZ sound like LZ. It's the smack of the snare, the surrender of the room and tell the engineer to stay out of the way

first few laps around the track:

1. useful

2. accurate

3. true to feel

manufacturer did it right. They are ok intuitively, they are better if you know what makes LZ sound like LZ. It's the smack of the snare, the surrender of the room and tell the engineer to stay out of the way

I think the drumming is accurate, but lacks a lot of the feel and groove, that made Bonham, Bonham.

I pulled the individual tracks into AcidPro7 and then mixed it to spec... it still lacks some feel as good as I can make it, kinda frustrating. What I am going to do is send the signal to an amp, the re-record it as a live take in my mancave which is THX. Maybe I can wake it up a little that way.

Whomever mixed it for the download doesn't get that the shimmer happens when you combine the overheads and the room mic

• 2 weeks later...

it still lacks some feel as good as I can make it, kinda frustrating. Whomever mixed it for the download doesn't get that the shimmer happens when you combine the overheads and the room mic

The reason it still lacks feel after you mixed it, is because the drummer had none to begin with......

As one engineer once said "The only way you'll get a drum kit to sound like Bonham, is to resurrect him from the grave"

It was the man himself who collectively formed those amazing characteristics of feel, sound, groove and technique.

On the flip-side, thanks for sharing the link Dallas. I think some may find it a useful tool, even if just for experimenting.

Archived