My version of Eleanor Rigby

Matjaz1

This is my version of The Beatles song Eleanor Rigby! In the first few and last few seconds I tried to express loneliness with my voice and I think the video is quite interesting, while the overdubbed guitar follows the string section of the original quite a lot! I also recorded some dark harmonies in the choruses!

Edited by Matjaz1

Thank you both!

I like the guitar playing, but perhaps the vocal could be placed slightly more accurately on the guitar at times yeah!

I'm a fan of Superman movies and I used it because he screams very loudly at that point in the movie when he has lost Louis and is left very lonely!

The song is not a joke and I don't think the harmonies are out of key, but if you do it's allright with me!

The joke was about your comment, because you were unpolite!

I'm performing quite a lot in my home country, been played on the radio quite a bit, played the biggest rock festival in the country and performed with some of the stars!

The song is not a joke and I don't think the harmonies are out of key, but if you do it's allright with me!

The joke was about your comment, because you were unpolite!

I'm performing quite a lot in my home country, been played on the radio quite a bit, played the biggest rock festival in the country and performed with some of the stars!

Sorry if you thought I was rude, I see comments disabled on you tube, if English not you lang, it could be why it sounds like it does. good luck on your careers in your country.

Edited by #1fan

I liked your Neprehojene poti-kitarski solo, whats that say in english what country are you from.

I like your version of black dog, you have some power in your vocals good guitar playing too, you teach your self, or take lessons?

Ramble on sounds cool in this language. good job

Edited by #1fan

Thanks, I'm very happy you are nicer now, afterall we are fellow Zeppelin fans and the world can be cruel many times, so cheers!! :toast:

Whatever you don't like you are free to tell ofcourse, as you know!

Neprehojene poti means, Unwalked paths!

I teach myself yeah!

Thanks again!

If you want more videos type in Samo Kodela!

A quick look behind the scenes during the making of this masterpiece,

to prove once and for all that the high shrieking noises were not an autotuning effect.

431394_326844977428322_537278231_n.jpg

(And not a hurt cat either)

(In fact the entire video contained nothing that deserves to be called music at all)

(Possibly the worst sounds ever made while simulating the effect of a vasectomy on a conscious victim)

Edited by reswati

Your photo is very nice!

You can certainly spread your hands like Robert, but your singing is very far from his and your music is just generic metal!

And your profile says:

Things I hate:

Getting up early.

Rude people.

Racists.

The consumption of warm milk.

Advice from Samo Kodela, the forum wants it in the same fonts(ironic):Try to become better, then you will have no reason to hate yourself anymore and then you will perhaps start loving others too!

Edited by Matjaz1

Lol, I never had the intention of mimicking Robert, but I indeed have two hands.

I did indeed write a metal song once or twice, but I can't say that I only write metal music, in fact most metal bores me to death.

As far as the getting better thingy: it would make no sense to stand still or become worse, n'est pas?

As far as the "stop hating yourself" thingy: I am very sure that I don't hate myself, that's lunatic behavior.

Advice to you:

Get a vocal coach, since shrieking has nothing to do with singing, it will only ruin your voice permanently in the long run.

Take advice from that coach, instead of finding excuses.

Practice simple songs before you try a complex harmony, the ones in the video were the worst disharmonics ever.

Do not mimic someone that you never are, were or will be (If it were all about imitating Robert would have sounded like Elvis).

Don't get me wrong, I do not want to insult anyone, especially you, I know how many people criticized you here, and I know also that you can't really deal with criticism.

It is indeed hard to swallow that people tell you that your singing is very off-key, especially when you don't seem to hear that yourself.

Don't shoot the messenger, it is no fun for me either to tell you that you are indeed destroying your vocal chords.

Neither is it pleasant for any audience to hear 3 minutes of layered false notes.

Only (in your case) a lot of practice may help.

Good luck finding a teacher.

Lots of love to you.

Edited by reswati

Your music is no good to me, it sounds far inferior to music I listen to, I'm very sorry, but that is my opinion! If I compare you to really great music you just don't get even close!

And what are your achivements anyway in music? I'm currently on a tour with some of the biggest stars in Slovenia and the guy who invited me has finished studying the trumpet and plays in classical orchestras!

You do hate yourself, because you said you hate rude people and you are damn rude!

I don't want a vocal coach and I sing fine to myself and many others and I'm having more and more succes!

The harmony in the song is fine to me and I think you would agrre if you would hear the separate lines, but still I wanted to make it sound dark and so the harmonies are not to nice sounding!

I'm not mimicing anybody, I'm singin my own way and obviously I have a high powerfull tenor!

You are indeed constantly insulting me with the way you express yourself! It's not your opinion, it's your style!

I can take the criticism, I just don't agree on it, I think my singing is in key and I'm having more and more success that prooves that!

And I'm singing for a few years now and my chords are still alrigth! Your sound burnt out and all you have is a raspy falsetto, while I have a clean, powerfull tenor!

Obviously many don't agrre with you and you are constantly ignoring my success and even in this topic people don't agree with you!

So why don't you just shut up if you have nothing new to say and if you cant be polite!? Go away!

Edited by Matjaz1

Your music is no good to me, it sounds far inferior to music I listen to, I'm very sorry, but that is my opinion! If I compare you to really great music you just don't get even close!

And what are your achivements anyway in music? I'm currently on a tour with some of the biggest stars in Slovenia and the guy who invited me has finished studying the trumpet and plays in classical orchestras!

You do hate yourself, because you said you hate rude people and you are damn rude!

I don't want a vocal coach and I sing fine to myself and many others and I'm having more and more succes!

The harmony in the song is fine to me and I think you would agrre if you would hear the separate lines, but still I wanted to make it sound dark and so the harmonies are not to nice sounding!

I'm not mimicing anybody, I'm singin my own way and obviously I have a high powerfull tenor!

You are indeed constantly insulting me with the way you express yourself! It's not your opinion, it's your style!

I can take the criticism, I just don't agree on it, I think my singing is in key and I'm having more and more success that prooves that!

And I'm singing for a few years now and my chords are still alrigth! Your sound burnt out and all you have is a raspy falsetto, while I have a clean, powerfull tenor!

Obviously many don't agrre with you and you are constantly ignoring my success and even in this topic people don't agree with you!

So why don't you just shut up if you have nothing new to say and if you cant be polite!? Go away!

Can you give us an example of your "success"? We're just giving it to you straight. You sounded horrible in the video, and the guitar was out of key and out of sync. If you practiced, maybe you could improve your voice, but right now, you do not have a "clean, powerful tenor".

Can you give us an example of your "success"? We're just giving it to you straight. You sounded horrible in the video, and the guitar was out of key and out of sync. If you practiced, maybe you could improve your voice, but right now, you do not have a "clean, powerful tenor".

I don't care! As soon as I say others in the topic don't agrre with reswati, you gonna start all sorts of stuff is wrong, first it was just the rythm for you! I don't care!

Here is an example of my success! One of the tour dates! There are some of the biggest stars of our country on the list especially 'Gal Gjurin'!! Check him out!

I am Samo Kodela

http://www.facebook....n_mall_activity

Edited by Matjaz1

Samo, if you can't take the criticism and explode like that you will never ever learn to sing properly.

Being stubborn doesn't make false noises sound right.

As far as the playing on the greatest rock festival in Slovenia goes:

here is the proof, the sellout of the century

Edited by reswati

Samo, if you can't take the criticism and explode like that you will never ever learn to sing properly.

Being stubborn doesn't make false noises sound right.

The Lord has spoken!

Now this is one of Gal Gjurin's songs and remember unlike reswati, he is only human!