2013 NFL Thread

Strider

The Lions are double lucky to escape with their ass today & lucky Aaron Rodgers is on the shelf. I'm guessing Detroit will be a quick out in the playoffs should they get that far (no offense Bong-Man)...

I disagree. They can score with anyone. They have Calvin. they can beat anyone on a given day.

New Orleans cannot win on the road in inclement weather. San Fran is a bust this year. Underachieving big time. Seattle is the team that is the most sound to me in the NFC but their offense is not as good as Detroit

Today's game was all defense and was up for grabs. Unfortunately, it was Carolina.

Today's game was all defense and was up for grabs. Unfortunately, it was Carolina.

I am not saying the 49ers are out of anything. But they have to do something with their offensive game at some point. I picked Carolina because they are playing very well right now. It kills me reading the Giants are still alive. Alive for what? I wish my team were in that division. Philly all of a sudden looks like they have done a 360. I cannot believe the coaching job this guy has done there. Maybe they are the true sleeper?

^^ You have to take into account who Philly has beaten this year. As I've said before, Foles looks like he belongs in Canton against mediocre competition, let's see what he does next week against Washington & that game is in Philly where the Eagles can't seem to win for whatever odd reasons.

Edited by paul carruthers

Incredible how the NFC Least is shaking out this year. All of a sudden, the stumbling, bumbling Giants have a shot in this division & they get a gift next week at home vs. the Rodgers-less Packers. Good grief...

How about the Eagles!! Are you kidding. the Eagles look the best right now. And I love Carolina next monday.

^^ I still have my doubts about the Eagles and Nick Foles. I'll wait to see what they do next week vs. the Taters before I start to believe in them.

They will murder Washington. that is a cinch. I already put money on that game. I just want to say something about the Lions. Finally the Lions have been able to win on the road and on grass. This is the best team Detroit has had in my lifetime. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that they wind up in the Super Bowl. Laugh now. I like them and Seattle alot.

^^ I forget the exact number of home losses the Eagles have going back to last year but I know Philly is winless at home this year, so maybe that game is not the cinch you think.

The Lions to me are a lot like the Bungles, they have to show me something in January before I start to believe & speaking of believing, I'm sold on Carolina and that defense now, I'm taking the Panthers at home next week.

^^ I forget the exact number of home losses the Eagles have going back to last year but I know Philly is winless at home this year, so maybe that game is not the cinch you think.

The Lions to me are a lot like the Bungles, they have to show me something in January before I start to believe & speaking of believing, I'm sold on Carolina and that defense now, I'm taking the Panthers at home next week.

They are scary. They have a ton of offense too. I was there when the Bills beat them at the buzzer but I saw talent in them. I still think the Lions are the sleeper though

I don't think this is a stinker at all. Very intriguing game with all of the controversy both teams have had. I like the young Bucs qb, rb, and te/wr. I can't believe they are still playing hard for their coach. Plus we'll see what Philban and his staff/players are made of after the past week. For those reasons alone, this is a very watchable game!