Robert Plant/SSS @ Morrison, CO July 10, 2013

Strider

All right, folks...who was there? I know at least one person on this forum went. Post your photos and your thoughts, please.

And how were the Black Angels? How long did they get to play?

If there is a better place on this planet to see a concert than Red Rocks, I sure don't know what it is. I saw Robert play there on July 4, 1988 on the Now and Zen tour, and it was a great, great night. I only wish I still lived there and could have attended last night. Thanks to the individual that posted the reviews and photos.

Drats! I see from the setlist for Red Rocks that he did "Four Sticks"!!! This is one of the songs I was hoping to hear on this tour...I'm 0 for 2 so far. Hopefully he'll do it at the Connecticut show.

Not only did he add "Four Sticks" at Red Rocks, making it a 16-song night instead of the usual 15; but "Please Read the Letter" and "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" were bumped in favour of "Ramble On" and "What Is and What Should Never Be".

Hmmm, that's a tough one but in the end, I'm glad I got "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" at Houaton and Los Angeles. After all, there's a reason I chose Strider for my name here.

Good review from the Denver Post. Thanks for posting it, Geezer.

But I was hoping to hear from some forum members who went to the Red Rocks show to hear their personal perspective...and to see their photos.

From the second review posted, sounds like the Black Angels delivered their usual hellacious set...and got to play nearly an hour, too!!!

Looks like I'll have to search YouTube tomorrow for clips of both Percy and the BAs.

Archived