Cabin Cruiser

Charles J. White

I’m planning on buying a used Cabin Cruiser during the next 9 months. Does anyone have any brands they can recommend, or point out things I should be looking for?

Also what lengths am I most likely to be happy with? Something in the 20’s or 30’s?

What areas in New England have the best prices? What about Florida?

Also, as far as insurance goes, which company is easier to deal with when insuring a boat?

No thanks. Sail boats are not for me.

I have been renting a boat from a fellow at work over the last 2 years from time to time while he was away, and I'm ashamed to admit, but I didn't really learn anything. So this fall I would like to buy a boat of mine own, and actually learn what to look for before putting the cash down. I'm not prepared to spend a penny more of $18,000

Wanna buy a Bruce Roberts 53 ?

I've heard the 2 greatest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. :D

I guess as long as you have a place to dock it then you'd most likely keep it. As opposed to dragging it around on a trailer and all that jazz.

• 1 year later...

I've heard the 2 greatest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. :D

A boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by wood into which one pours money!

True story!

Unless you're an avid sailor, the greatest day is selling it.

Archived