Dead Letter Day ?

weslgarlic

I have just been watching a repeat of QI on Dave , On it they mentioned the subject of when a really famous person's death ( publicity wise ) eclipse's the death of another celebrity or celebrities death on the same day or even days after

examples

John F Kennedy eclipsed Aldous Huxley, & CS Lewis (November 22, 1963)

Orson Welles & Yul Brynner (October 11, 1985)

Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett (June 25, 2009)

Federico Fellini and River Pheonix

Jim Henson and Sammy Davis, Jr

Theresa Lady Diana Spencer and Mother Theresa

Elvis Presley and Groucho Marx

Do you just randomly select your fonts? Or purposely try to make your posts incomprehensible?

Elvis Presley and Groucho Marx did NOT die on the same day. Elvis died Aug. 16 and Groucho Marx died Aug. 19.

Yes sorry about the font I cut and paste the last few names so I got the correct spelling

I did put on died on the same day or even days after

One of the more famous examples of that is when Darby Crash of the Germs killed himself on Dec. 7, 1980 and nobody heard or cared about it because John Lennon was shot and killed on Dec. 8, 1980.

Bad timing Jan Paul Beahm.

Frankie Howerd died one day before fellow comedian Benny Hill . News of the two deaths broke almost simultaneously and some newspapers ran an obituary of Howerd in which Hill was quoted as regretting Howerd's passing, saying "We were great, great friends". The quote was released by Hill's agent, who was not aware that his client had died.

Archived