2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I post this again to all the Baltimore Orioles fans that this must be most embarrassing and most pitiful display of any baseball team during any game.

Texas 30: Baltimore 3.

No comment is more incriminating than A comment.

See My Post # 593.

I remember listening to that game driving home from work. First game of a WednesdaY dOUbleheader. By the time I got home, I wAs just laughing because, REally, what else could one do? The announcers were also making good sport of it. And hey, we're in the record books - again. Don't forget we went 0-21 to start the season in 1988. One of my fondest memories!

We went on to lose the second game that day by "only" 2 runs. Talk about bouncing back!!

Something we cAN laugh at 7 years later. Because it hAS no bearing whatSoever on anything happening now. But thanks for the chuckle of the day

I remember listening to that game driving home from work. First game of a WednesdaY dOUbleheader. By the time I got home, I wAs just laughing because, REally, what else could one do? The announcers were also making good sport of it. And hey, we're in the record books - again. Don't forget we went 0-21 to start the season in 1988. One of my fondest memories!

We went on to lose the second game that day by "only" 2 runs. Talk about bouncing back!!

Something we cAN laugh at 7 years later. Because it hAS no bearing whatSoever on anything happening now. But thanks for the chuckle of the day

I remember the miserable season but not the game. And it does have no bearing. It has about as much bearing as Cumberland losing to Georgia Tech 222-0 in the 1930's or 40's? I know the score is correct. And I know that the poster is a shit stirring Cardinals fan. When they lose there is heel dust for weeks.

What is this crock of shit posted by kingshitzo above? Was that the score of a game from years back? Pretty lame just like your cardinals. What does that have to do with anything? When was this? I know we lead the all time series vs them and we have a good team now. And we have won a few series ourselves. We will pummel you chumps.

WOW!!! How juvenile you must be to resort to name-calling a fellow baseball fan just because they/I posted a 5+ minute video clip of your favorite baseball team getting pummeled by another team. (How old are you anyways?)

I know that this has NO bearing on this 2014 season, I just thought that it was/is very amusing to see one team literally dominate another team: 30 Runs in one game against the home teams meager 3 runs. That is a ratio of 10/1.

If someone posted a clip of the Cardinals getting murdered by another team, I would only sit back, watch and laugh and shake My head. Not resort to being rude about it.

Lighten Up... it is only a Sport that pays (many) players millions, tens of millions and (some) hundreds of millions of $. Do you think that they know who you are and would even give a shit about you (or Me) even if they did?

GO CARDINALS!!!

Again, just for laughs (mine at least): Enjoy:

Edited to Add: ...and to think that I wished you Good Luck and a speedy recovery for your past surgery (post#46). KingZoso, not kingshitzo. How kind of Me to you and how rude of you to Me. Thanks!!! I know that you will read this post as you are one of the most active posters on this topic. Whether you care to respond to this/My post makes no matter to Me especially if it is with your cynicism, scorn or ridicule (which I expect coming from a person such as yourself).

Again, I say Good Luck to You and your Orioles... That is how a Gentleman speaks to another person, no matter what their differences are.

Edited by kingzoso

WOW!!! How juvenile you must be to resort to name-calling a fellow baseball fan just because they/I posted a 5+ minute video clip of your favorite baseball team getting pummeled by another team. (How old are you anyways?)

I know that this has NO bearing on this 2014 season, I just thought that it was/is very amusing to see one team literally dominate another team: 30 Runs in one game against the home teams meager 3 runs. That is a ratio of 10/1.

If someone posted a clip of the Cardinals getting murdered by another team, I would only sit back, watch and laugh and shake My head. Not resort to being rude about it.

Lighten Up... it is only a Sport that pays (many) players millions, tens of millions and (some) hundreds of millions of $. Do you think that they know who you are and would even give a shit about you (or Me) even if they did?

GO CARDINALS!!!

Again, just for laughs (mine at least): Enjoy:Go

You are just an idiot. Coming on here with that bullshit. What about the Yankees losing by 3 touchdowns to the Indians a few years back? It was like 22 to something? What does that have to do with the price of eggs you weasel. You are no place to be found when your cheating Cardinals lose a few games. Yes with the Incredible Hulk Mr McGuire, the biggest farce next to Barry Bonds to have played the game. Duping millions on national tv and pumped up with steroids. Go take that title and shove it because it should have a big fat asterick next to it. Baltimore has been a far more classy place than St Louis and always will be. And they have many more gold glovers than ST Louis does.

I was just looking at the Wild Card standings for each league--surprised to see the Cardinals atop the NL Wild Card standings. Well, not totally surprised; the Cards have a habit of staying around the playoff hunt--although the Central division title is still within reach; only 3.5 back of the Brewers.

In the AL, I'm liking the Royals chances of ending their long playoff drought--if they don't catch the Tigers outright and actually win that division.

^^ That is a series the O's have to win, I think. The worst team in baseball, Baltimore has to take at least 2 out of 3.

Tigers host the Royals tonight--Verlander on the mound & Justin has been getting roughed up lately; should be fun to watch...

Edited by paul carruthers

^^ That is a series the O's have to win, I think. The worst team in baseball, Baltimore has to take at least 2 out of 3.

Tigers host the Royals tonight--Verlander on the mound & Justin has been getting roughed up lately; should be fun to watch...

And with Chen pitching how does Vegas have us a plus 105, slight dog? Fuck that. I jumped on the Orioles.

Am I the idiot or are you or are you the weasel or am I? I guess scorn, degradation and cynicism best suits you when Decent People like Me say something or disagree with other peoples posts or opinions.

I could care less about Mark McGuire or his farce or asterisk that goes with him.

If Baltimore, Maryland is a far more "classy" place than St. Louis, why is Baltimore more known for crime and Heroin use than most any other city in the United States of America? (You ever seen "the Wire")?

In the world of Baseball, who really cares about what team has the most Gold Gloves. The name of the game in Baseball is WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS AND THE SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS ARE THE TEAM WITH THE SECOND MOST WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS IN BASEBALL HISTORY!!!

Can and how will you try to dispute THAT FACT?

Edited by kingzoso

Oh, right... I meant to mention this.

Rick, don't have a heart attack. He'll be back next season.

I know. But we must sign him and lock him in. And now Joseph seems to be the guy. We have enough talent to get it done without him if the pitching holds up Gausman has come through just as I expected. Now we get the Yankees after they play Toronto tonight? Who to cheer for? I guess it matters not. Still a long way to go

Its a mystery to me why Toronto has had such bad luck in NY? Anyway, I think its a good thing that the Yankees knocked them back. Now we have the chance to go in and knock the Yankees back. Something we have been able to do pretty well. We have to hope Jiminez pitches a decent game and our bats come out like wrecking balls. So we must carry on without Matt Wieters for the season. Sucks. But I believe we are good enough to stay in this thing. We are right there. Cruz and Davis and Adam Jones can keep us there.

Going to the Nats game tonight. Strasburg is pitching, the weather is delightful...and the Nats will lose to the Braves. Ah well...

Why would you say that Esther? And keep your eye on the more important game in NY. I will be watching that one. Go O's

Why would you say that Esther? And keep your eye on the more important game in NY. I will be watching that one. Go O's

I say that because the Nats always lose to the Braves. Sometimes it just take a little longer... We met someone from another board I frequent. He's here on his annual baseball trip from England, so a fine time was had by all. Except for the baseball part.

The less said about the game in the Bronx, the better.

Tough loss for the O's last night. And to further illustrate how weird this game is, the Royals have fallen back into 2nd place after dropping a few games in a row. One minute you're hot, then you're not.

No damn reason for them to lose that game. One strike to go with one on and they let them come back and win with a walk off. 3-1 lead going to the 9th. They had better bounce back tonight. I know we have the better pitcher tonight

And what is up with Cincy blowing an 8-3 lead vs Toronto and getting beat 15-9?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

And what is up with Cincy blowing an 8-3 lead vs Toronto and getting beat 15-9?

I'm not sure what the deal was with that, except from looking at the boxscore, I see the series is being played at Cincy's "Great American Smallpark". If there's one field that's as bad as Coors Field for giving up runs, it's Cincinnati's....

I'm not sure what the deal was with that, except from looking at the boxscore, I see the series is being played at Cincy's "Great American Smallpark". If there's one field that's as bad as Coors Field for giving up runs, it's Cincinnati's....

I do believe the American league teams are generally better. There are exceptions like with the Dodgers and Giants and Braves and Nats. Oh, and I better now forget St Louis. But after that, I believe the American league is better comparing average to lower ranked teams. I think the Seattle Mariners would be fighting for the division in the NL central. And KC,