2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

^^ There is no way the Mets are catching Atlanta or the Nats for the division, and they are also 7 back of the Wild Card as well. As I've said before, I expect this will be Terry Collins last season as the Mets skipper.

Some other thoughts, as I'm watching the highlights on MLB Network: Who would have thought Texas would be the owners of the worst record in baseball going into the break? Speaking of job security--is Ron Washington safe in Texas?

O's have a nice 4 game cushion in the East & the Tigers have padded their lead to 6.5. I guess Detroit may run and hide with thatr division after all.

^^ There is no way the Mets are catching Atlanta or the Nats for the division, and they are also 7 back of the Wild Card as well. As I've said before, I expect this will be Terry Collins last season as the Mets skipper.

Some other thoughts, as I'm watching the highlights on MLB Network: Who would have thought Texas would be the owners of the worst record in baseball going into the break? Speaking of job security--is Ron Washington safe in Texas?

O's have a nice 4 game cushion in the East & the Tigers have padded their lead to 6.5. I guess Detroit may run and hide with thatr division after all.

I would not write KC or even the White Sox out just yet. I mean, sure, Detroit likely wins it. If they get lazy and go into a funk, KC, Cleveland and Chicago are going to keep on fighting. And they are all decent teams. The White Sox to me are a surprise. They have played well. Go see the mid season report card on CBS sportsline. White Sox get a B. Their infield is talented also. And Abreu. Konerko should be a first ballot hall of famer. The "black sox" finally got their crown in 2006 and much deserved. Who was it they beat that year? .Paul, do not sell your Mets short

Edited by LedZeppfan77

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24622863/about-the-groove-thing-wainwright-said-he-misspoke-messed-up

Shut up while you are ahead Mr Wainwright. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows you tossed a gimme to Jeter and why didn't you throw it fucking underhand? And as for you starting, what a damn joke. Kershaw is the best, and everyone in the World knows it. So why would the manager of St Louis, a man with far less class than Boston's manager, put his own pitcher in against the eventual Cy Young winner of 2014? Jeter's trips to the plate now days usually end in a ground ball, a double play or a strike out. Derek is a great guy, and a deserving first ballot hall of famer and the only damn Yankee I like other than Thurman Munson, Mickey Mantle and a few of the 27 team including my own cousin who replaced Babe Ruth in the outfield. But he can no longer hit with the big boys and he would be the first to admit this. I am all for his being selected to the team. I do believe Wainwright gift wrapped a hit for him. No, I doubt he wanted a double. Cabrera and Trout predictably lit his ass up and it cost the NL any shot at winning. And if Kershaw had started, does anyone believe it would have played out the same? I am a happy camper as I took the AL flat minus a run and a half, and a a parlay, AL with the game over 8. A push on the O/U. Do you understand that Walter? PUSH EQUALS NO BET. I was very impressed with Jeter in his interview and he is a very witty guy. I think the MLB tearm led by Harold who I like very much was given a good poke by Derek concerning his age. Age can be a touchy subject for many. So he reminded them that they are in their 50's when they jabbed him about being 40. Jeter went out like Cal Ripken, with class and success in the final moment under the lights.

Well my boys will be tested early in this "second half" as they call it, even though we are technically a bit beyond the halfway mark. We have a road trip, at Oakland, at Anaheim and at Seattle. Oh what fun. Our record vs the West? 11-6, the best in the AL East going away. And we play better on the road. Perhaps this can be seen as a test for them as well. The AL East is still a tough division. Tampa is coming like a freight train. Boston, is Boston. The Texas Rangers we do not have to feast on like they do. Ask yourselves if they had Tampa and Boston, the bottom teams currently in the East instead of Texas and Houston what the records of Oakland and Anaheim might be? I say not as good as Baltimore's. We just played Texas and mopped the floor with them in a 4 game sweep. So they have one team that is an easy out that has fallen apart, and Houston, though very competitive at times, is not Boston or Tampa. I will be happy if we get 6 out of ten and will settle for a split I guess. Though I would prefer 7 or 8.

As for the NL, one thing jumps out at me. The Cincinnati Reds. I like how they have come on and they are a half a game behind the Cardinals for second and only a game and a half behind the sputtering Brewers. Maybe the rest will serve the Brewers well? It would be a mistake to write them off but it would also be a mistake to write off either St Louis or Cincy. I myself am sticking with the Redlegs as I picked them from day one.

The West? Can the Dodgers finally put some distance on the Giants? With Kershaw they have an edge. They must start hitting as a team and if they do they will be fine. One has to think SF will be in the hunt at least for a wild card until the end?

I had a groin sprain last week. Gone in 3 days. So i am not buying into Cabrera's BS. One Detroit Troll came on the O's forum and blames Jones and Cruz for not getting a hit last night. Geez against Kershaw in an All Star game. I hope we get those punk ass's

Edited by LedZeppfan77

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/24624741/mlb-power-rankings-brace-for-wild-second-half-all-inclusive-playoff-

Well we are getting a bit of respect in the latest power rankings. They have us at number 5 in the Big leagues. Not bad, and of course first in our division. They point out the monster road trip that looms. At Oakland, at Anaheim, and at Seattle. Norris is going to pitch Monday at Anaheim. We need his best. I do not want him getting rocked early. But first we will worry about the Oakland series. I would imagine Buck has them our there to avoid jet lag. One advantage of opening a West coast series after the All Star game. Time to get there early and adjust. We have hit well on the road and i am counting on this to continue. Go O's.

Lets see if the NY Mets and the Cincy Reds can stay hot. Good chance as the Mets go to San Diego and the Reds go to play the Yankees. I would imagine some of the Mets are at Del Mar today. I would be. Where the surf meets the turf. The Saratoga of the West coast on the ocean.

That is a hell of a road trip coming up for Baltimore. You just have to hope you can come out of it at .500 or maybe a little bit better and hope that the Jays continue to falter....

11-6 vs West so far and we are a better team on the road. One game at a time is the approach we must take, the /Earl /Weaver way

Baseball is back tonight; Orioles start their road trip and the Blue Jays host the woeful Rangers--although Darvish is pitching tonight, so if there's a game for Texas to steal in that series, you think it would be tonight.

Most of these division races are pretty tight & wouldn't you know it--as soon as Rick said the Brewers are toast, they squeak back into first place. But for how long is the question--the Cardinals are like nuclear roaches, you can't kill 'em...

Strider's Angels only a 1.5 back of Oakland, so maybe trying to run them down for the division isn't as hard as I originally thought....

Everyone's going to be watching Machado tonight!

I am still fuming over last night. Buck should have let Tillman finish. So he cost Tillman another win. The crowd full of Raider fans are idiots. Manny hit a two run shot that should have won the game. But no. Buck had to fuck up and pull Tillman. Then Hunter is cruising, gets them 123 in 8th and he pulls him for Britton who has been great but was cold. Why the hell do you put a left handed pitcher in against their two bets right handded batters? Think about this loss Buck. I am starting to hate this team more than the Yankees. Chen has NEVER lost to them so I am expecting pay back. They sucked out in the 9th with us up 4-2 they get a ball with eyes on it down the third base line for a hit. Then a broken bat single to right before the walk off. Manny needs to throw the next bat in the damn dugout. They hit two of our guys in the head. 3 or 4 hit batters. I lost fucking count. There could be trouble today

One hell of a ballgame so far in Anaheim between the Angels and Mariners. These are the types of ballgames I really like to watch--low scoring pitcher's duels....

Those are my favorite games, too. Except for the ones when my team is crushing the opponent :D

Those are my favorite games, too. Except for the ones when my team is crushing the opponent :D

They are not coming back tonight. They are getting a tethering. Dirty SOBs hitting 3 of our players and two in the head. We cant beat them bad enough. I could not sleep last night after that stupid move by Buck. Pulling Tillman