2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

But I will :)

I thought about going tonight, but I'm really lethargic now. And we're going Sunday.

Big celebration after the game on the 60 yr history. Unfortunately for me they will shut off the coverage on the MLB network right after the game ends. I get to see a little of Dempsey after the game but not much.

Hey King, I think you better erase that tape my man

Great game-ending catch!

I hope we haven't blown our run allotment for the weekend :)

No. We have to get Cruz back on track. Then look out. Our pitching is so good right now I would not worry. Detroit must have felt some panic, they have come back on Toronto in the 9th with 3 runs to take the lead. Good news and thanks Tigers. And the Indians just hit a grand slam to cut the Yankees lead and give them ulcers at most. Tomorrow they have Kluber going and I like their chances.

EBK they are leaving it on for us to see!!!! I am taping it. The Celebration. Just saw McNally. God I loved him

Edited by LedZeppfan77

No. We have to get Cruz back on track. Then look out. Our pitching is so good right now I would not worry. Detroit must have felt some panic, they have come back on Toronto in the 9th with 3 runs to take the lead. Good news and thanks Tigers. And the Indians just hit a grand slam to cut the Yankees lead and give them ulcers at most. Tomorrow they have Kluber going and I like their chances.

EBK they are leaving it on for us to see!!!! I am taping it. The Celebration. Just saw McNally. God I loved him

It's a lovely program so far. So happy you get to see it!!

Well that was great. They just killed the feed on me after they brought out the current Orioles to shake hands with the old timers. Great night. Seeing Cal Ripken and JJ Hardy together was something. And all the old highlights

I really underestimated how big a deal they would make of this or else I certainly would have gotten tickets. I'm just glad they broadcast it. It was a really lovely ceremony!

Big celebration after the game on the 60 yr history. Unfortunately for me they will shut off the coverage on the MLB network right after the game ends. I get to see a little of Dempsey after the game but not much.

Hey King, I think you better erase that tape my man

I taped the game because I had to work 7 to midnight but I was following the game on my phone (the scores). I might watch a little of it before I delete it. I know that the Orioles are a good team this year (again because of my phone), I just have not seen them actually play this year and I know that Nelson Cruz is a good player (despite the drugs and his suspension), I just don't know much about any or most of the players.

Despite the beating the Cardinals took last night, this could possibly be a preview of what may be in store for your team and mine, come this October. We shall see.

Judging by what I saw on Quick Pitch, the O's thought last night was HR Derby. Makes me wonder if the AL will crush the NL in the World Series when we finally get there?

Btw, was Buck really that hot about Adam Jones getting plunked--perhaps someone from the Cards may be getting drilled in the near future...

Judging by what I saw on Quick Pitch, the O's thought last night was HR Derby. Makes me wonder if the AL will crush the NL in the World Series when we finally get there?

Btw, was Buck really that hot about Adam Jones getting plunked--perhaps someone from the Cards may be getting drilled in the near future...

I do not think Buck is the type to give an order like that. I am leary of starting Jiminez off the DL tonight. This has to be his last chance, Pitch well or you are going to AAA. We really do not need him. We could call Bundy up and give him shot. But in a heated pennant race, why mess with a good thing. I love the way Norris is pitching. I would start him in a minute. Maybe Gausman goes tomorrow? Chen likely vs Yankees. We lead the bigs in HR's and that is not going to change. Wait until Cruz and Pearce get on a roll again. I love this lineup. Just imagine if we had Wieters. Of course the kid Joseph is playing very well in his absence. Those lousy stinking Angels cost me 3 parlays last night the pricks. Losing to Boston with Weaver up. What a disgrace. We will rip them to shreds too

Orioles are the best team in baseball right now. I have no doubt Up even with this bum on the mound. I do not know why Buck kept him in the rotation. To rest the others? He is getting roughed up too much for my liking. Our bats are keeping us on top. Jiminez has to be demonted

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I'm looking at the boxscore right now--I see Nelly Cruz went deep. if you can get his bat to wake up, it can only help an already potent lineup...

Oh has he woke up. He not only homered but hit the sign and missed by an inch for another. Lackey sent to showers with a chorus of boos and Orioles 9 Big Bad Cards 3

Putting a little whoopin' on the mighty St. Louis Cardinals, 2 days straight. I wonder what tomorrow will be like and what will kingzoso have to say?

I'm convinced we will not score one run tomorrow... because I'll be there...

I'm convinced we will not score one run tomorrow... because I'll be there...

Lucky you. Where are your seats? Have fun. I like our chances again. Gausman is going vs Lynn. Buck is trying to save his pen for the Yankees I am sure. But the Yankees have been winning more with pitching than hitting. Today Kluber blanked them. King, I doubt we will hear from him

Lucky you. Where are your seats? Have fun. I like our chances again. Gausman is going vs Lynn. Buck is trying to save his pen for the Yankees I am sure. But the Yankees have been winning more with pitching than hitting. Today Kluber blanked them. King, I doubt we will hear from him

My seats are upstairs, about halfway up, right behind home plate. Fortunately, this means I am never, ever on TV! I also never have to worry about being killed by a foul ball.

I love my seats!

My seats are upstairs, about halfway up, right behind home plate. Fortunately, this means I am never, ever on TV! I also never have to worry about being killed by a foul ball.

I love my seats!

I would love any seat I have talked to the wife about driving down to Hoboken to see my daughter and then hit Baltimore for an O's game. She is really into them now too. Loves Davis. LOL. It wont happen this year I do not think. But I wish I could even make a playoff game. And there will be a playoff game and there will be plenty. King, I cannot believe as a fan of the game you have not seen the Orioles even in highlights. At least I have the decency to watch all of the other teams. I do not cast judgement blindly. I honestly believe the O's are the best team. And I am not alone. Guys on MLB are starting to believe. And why not. Their bullpen is rock solid. If they have a worry, you saw him today. Jiminez. Still not sure he is going to stay in this rotation the way Chen, Tillman, Norris, Gausman and Gonzale are pitching and backed by that rock solid pen with Zach Britton the closer and a team that has the most HR's and best defense in baseball. Our infield is so much the best. Did you see some of the garbage defense at shortstop by the Cards? I mean, that does not happen in Baltimore.

And the Angels and Mr Richards had a no hitter going int the 6th and Peroia and Big Poopie broke that up fast. Those dick wads may cost me another 3 teamer. The other two are winners already. Cleveland and KC. Yes I took Cleveland. Now all I need are those damn Angels. This on a day I hit a $500 trii at FL.

Pinstirpes in on Monday; I want to lay them to rest soon. This baby I know is not calling my cell phone today. Only when his Yankees win,.

ANGELS SUCK

Edited by LedZeppfan77

What can I say? The Orioles beat the Cardinals in the first 2 games. And yes, by a lot of runs. But, like you said before, "You can't win them all".

I still will and always have faith in the St. Louis Cardinals. This year and every year.

What can I say? The Orioles beat the Cardinals in the first 2 games. And yes, by a lot of runs. But, like you said before, "You can't win them all".

I still will and always have faith in the St. Louis Cardinals. This year and every year.

I know the Cardinals are a good team. Not a great team like some of the teams Whitey had. But they are still in the race. I believe their efforts this year will be futile because I just think the Dodgers are the best team in the NL. Followed by Wash and then maybe Milsquakee.

All I know is, if I was a Tigers fan, I would be scared shitless of the idea of turning to Joe Nathan in the 9th inning in a high pressure situation--which is what the playoffs are. But for how many years have we had questions about Detroit's bullpen--seems like it's been the burning question for the past 3 years...

The Angels walked off last night--did that save your bet Rick?