Top 60 in North America for Freedom

Charles J. White

"Stunning Findings In Ranking Of States For Economic Freedom — Where Does Yours Rank?"

• Size of government.
  • The level of taxation.
  • Protection of property rights.
  • The amount of government regulation.
  • Labor market freedom.
  • The level of union membership.
  • The percentage of government employees in the labor force.
  • The level of inflation.
  • Availability of credit and financing to business.

Here s the top 10:

1. Alberta with a score of 8.3
  2. Saskatchewan with a score of 8.0
  3. Delaware with a score of 7.8
  4. Texas with a score of 7.7
  5. Nevada with a score 7.7
  6. Newfoundland & Labrador with a score of 7.7
  7. British Columbia with a score of 7.6
  8. Wyoming with a score of 7.6
  9. South Dakota with a score of 7.6
  10. Colorado with a score of 7.6

The rest can be read here:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2014/01/07/stunning-findings-in-ranking-of-states-for-economic-freedom-where-does-yours-rank/

They genuinely want to live there are they could no longer afford to live where they were?

You appear to have zero understanding of the issue based on your key point, the prices of homes in Alberta for example have tripled in the last 10 years, so clearly if someone is moving from an economic basket case like Nova Scotia, it's not because they can't afford to live in Nova Scotia, because the prices of vehicles and homes in Nova Scotia are much cheaper in comparison with Alberta. They have moved to Alberta to give themselves and their children a chance at a better future.

Great study....the difference between the highest and lowest of the 60 was 1.6? Statistically speaking and based on the description of the indicators I would say this "study" is flawed at best.

It's brought to you by OfftheGrid.com...and it's purposefully skewed..."stunning findings"....right.

When one examines incomes, unemployment rates, savings currently, or the trending over a period of years in the places that ranked higher on the list, it points out that perhaps the study is correct. And now the study was brought to you by the Fraser Institute (not OfftheGrid.com) which does a lot of good work with the Cato Institute in America...

When one examines incomes, unemployment rates, savings currently, or the trending over a period of years in the places that ranked higher on the list, it points out that perhaps the study is correct. And now the study was brought to you by the Fraser Institute (not OfftheGrid.com) which does a lot of good work with the Cato Institute in America...

Alright then, I'll buy it. Personally, I've been to five of the top ten locations and although I wouldn't necessarily mind living there they aren't compelling enough for me to return either.

• 6 months later...

Alright then, I'll buy it. Personally, I've been to five of the top ten locations and although I wouldn't necessarily mind living there they aren't compelling enough for me to return either.

I've visited 6 of the top 10 and I agree with Steve's assessment.

Btw, why is Virginia so low on the list -- 26th?

Archived