AC/DC tour announcements

clw

Malcolm Young has Dementia. It follows last years stroke. Apparently if you walked out and then walked back in a room Malcolm would have no recollection who you were. Sad news. They still go down in my top 3 gigs ever. The Highway To Hell tour.

That is sad news. :(

AC/DC will release its new album, titled "Rock Or Bust", on December 2. The 11-song collection is the band's first since 2008's "Black Ice". Starting Saturday September 27, Turner Sports will preview a song from the album called "Play Ball" on TBS and other Turner media outlets for several weeks as part of its 2014 Major League Baseball Post-Season coverage. It's not clear whether "Play Ball" will also be sent to radio stations as the first single from the new CD.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-hear-audio-snippet-of-new-song-play-ball/

I am sad to hear about Malcolm Young being diagnosed with dementia. This disease stole my father. My dad had a furniture store. He drove the delivery truck as well as his car. what was most distressing among other things was his confusion over renewing his driver's licence. He had closed the business many years ago but he still needed to drive his car as my mother did not drive. I remember one incident where he left the house to go to the insurance company I went after him and I am glad I did because he went the wrong way. I steered him in the right direction. His speech was incoherent. He would not leave the insurance place until he was done his questions. They were very patient. I also deal and continue to deal with the company out of respect they showed my father.

I was disgusted with the conditions my father was in during his final days. It was a hot palliative care ward in a hospital that has since been torn down. Even before his final days the regular ward he was in was short-staffed and shared with surgery patients. Rude comments were made about his behavior. Delirium is not nice to watch ..the nurses should have been fired.

Dad was a WW II vet, a taxpayer, a business owner, a husband, a father, and an amateur singer. Even though he may not have liked rock music, he respected all the music I liked including Zeppelin. He heard many of my Zep albums when I was a teen!!!

My pledge is that I will advocate for other dementia patients so they have better support and care...and health care cost cutting not be done to services for these valuable people..

Juliet

PS I hope Malcolm's family get support from people trained in managing dementia patients..no one should walk this path alone...

Juliet,

I am so sorry to hear what your dear Father had to go through.

Your post is very thoughtful and it shows how much you care for people in general.

I am worried for anyone who suffers from any illness and dementia is a terrible one to suffer.

My Gran had a stroke years ago and lost her speach and also had dementia. She passed away years ago.

Thank you for posting this Juliet.

It has already made a possitive difference to someone! :)

I am sad to hear about Malcolm Young being diagnosed with dementia. This disease stole my father. My dad had a furniture store. He drove the delivery truck as well as his car. what was most distressing among other things was his confusion over renewing his driver's licence. He had closed the business many years ago but he still needed to drive his car as my mother did not drive. I remember one incident where he left the house to go to the insurance company I went after him and I am glad I did because he went the wrong way. I steered him in the right direction. His speech was incoherent. He would not leave the insurance place until he was done his questions. They were very patient. I also deal and continue to deal with the company out of respect they showed my father.

I was disgusted with the conditions my father was in during his final days. It was a hot palliative care ward in a hospital that has since been torn down. Even before his final days the regular ward he was in was short-staffed and shared with surgery patients. Rude comments were made about his behavior. Delirium is not nice to watch ..the nurses should have been fired.

Dad was a WW II vet, a taxpayer, a business owner, a husband, a father, and an amateur singer. Even though he may not have liked rock music, he respected all the music I liked including Zeppelin. He heard many of my Zep albums when I was a teen!!!

My pledge is that I will advocate for other dementia patients so they have better support and care...and health care cost cutting not be done to services for these valuable people..

Juliet

PS I hope Malcolm's family get support from people trained in managing dementia patients..no one should walk this path alone...

Great post, Juliet

Azad,Page fan 55:

I appreciate your comments...

After I wrote my post I bought a Globe and Mail (Toronto)..I rarely buy this paper but for some reason on Wednesday I decided to buy one. There was an interesting article that originally was in The Wall Street Journal!! It was about a doctor in New York . His name is Dr. Richard Isaacson. He is doing research at The Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic at New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Centre. His work sounds very encouraging. He studies younger individuals who might be at risk if they have a relative with Alzheimer's disease. I hope he has success. He himself has four relatives with the disease so he is very committed to his research for personal reasons..

Let's hope Malcolm gets the best help available....

Juliet

PS I also played and still have BACK IN BLACK in my car cd player and crank it way up when I go for my morning drive though the countryside.....

Azad,Page fan 55:

I appreciate your comments...

After I wrote my post I bought a Globe and Mail (Toronto)..I rarely buy this paper but for some reason on Wednesday I decided to buy one. There was an interesting article that originally was in The Wall Street Journal!! It was about a doctor in New York . His name is Dr. Richard Isaacson. He is doing research at The Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic at New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Centre. His work sounds very encouraging. He studies younger individuals who might be at risk if they have a relative with Alzheimer's disease. I hope he has success. He himself has four relatives with the disease so he is very committed to his research for personal reasons..

Let's hope Malcolm gets the best help available....

Juliet

PS I also played and still have BACK IN BLACK in my car cd player and crank it way up when I go for my morning drive though the countryside.....

Thanks for that info Juliet.

I hope he has a breakthrough with his work, and also if he doe's I hope it is backed fully.

Sadly my old Back in Black Vinyl dissapeared a few years ago.

I must get another copy. :)

Archived