THE worst Stairway cover ever...

JesseNoah

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/03/this-is-the-worst-cover-of-led-zeppelins-stairway-to-heaven-in-history/

NSFW, partly funny, partly depressing, part William Huang!

A few years ago, when I just started dating my future wife, we went to some Greek festival at a nearby park. What I thought was meant to be a day of scrumptious keftedakias, a few bottles of Mythos, and maybe some plate-breaking was ruined in one instance. There, on the stage on a hill, four middle-aged men came together in collective disregard for decency and absolutely ruined Foghat’s “Slow Ride”. I swore to myself then that their pitchy, horrendously cheesy version would be the worst cover I’d ever hear, even if I lived 100 lifetimes. That is, however, until now.

Across 42 videos, YouTube user Bold For Jesus (real name Patrick) uses rock and roll covers to preach the virtues of a righteous, Christian lifestyle, recounting how he “lived a radical rock n’ roll life for 10 years, and now I live radical for Jesus Christ.” (And if the covers are too subtle, he also spends a lot of time shouting his sermons.) Among his more recent covers is Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven”, a staple of the modern rock canon and arguably Zeppelin’s most famous song. The resulting effort is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst “Stairway” cover in history, and a clear candidate for worst cover ever.

Archived