How can I love them so...

clw

I swear I love them even more now than I did 40 years ago,listening to the music and watching the videos actually make me cry,for what was and never shall be again...

They are an old friend that have seen us through good times and through bad times. Can't say that they make me cry, but the Celebration Day DVD certainly hits me on an emotional level, as I watch in amazement at how much skill they still have, and how we may never again see those skills put to use like that again. It will always seem a shame to me.

The same feeling here, I watched Celebration Day yesterday evening and I found myself almost in tears seeing them smiling at each other, exchanging emotions on stage, wishing I was there too. I remember the encore "Rock and roll" and the images from the screen behind them, mixing the "now" Led Zeppelin and the "young" Led Zeppelin. They were beautiful and wild on stage and they still are. Four geniuses from a time when music was like from another planet. I don't think that in my lifetime there will be another band like this. Their power is still there, the exchange of energy between them and the audience is still there also, I've seen young people in the public crying when they finished the show. In my opinion that means only one thing: they are truely missed!!! I want them back...

I picked up the double CD of Mothership a while ago, I bought it as it was on offer in HMV for £4, I only listened to it yesterday, it really hit me just how good and diverse they really were. Made an old(ish) man extremely happy and really made my day. I even didn't mind the fact that it was on CD (I prefer vinyl). Took me back to when I first heard them.....that did make me feel old!!!!!! No-one will ever get near them in my lifetime.

I can't imagine my life without Zep.

They have had such a huge impact on it over my 56 yrs .

It was emotional to watch Celebration Day in the theater and remember seeing TSRTS on the big screen in 1976 as a nineteen year old. Their spirit is just as powerful.

• 3 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin's music punches you in the gut, picks you off the floor, puts a smile on your face and brings a tear to your eye.

Their music is so power - that middle section during The Rain Song hits me every time - it's so good!

Archived