The Masters and food

chillumpuffer

So with the weekend upon us this is what we are eating to watch the Masters.

Saturday:

Big meaty ribs for start. I knocked up a marinade and chose the Chinese style. Honey, Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Garlic and Ginger, Black Pepper and a good pinch of 5 spice. I will roast them for an hour or so, basting as I go

Mrs CP is doing a sort of Jambalaya. My apologies to purists in the deep south. Chicken, Chorizo and King Prawns with Peppers, Celery, Tomatoes, A good kick of smoked Paprika and Tobasco. Basmati Rice and done in the Paella pan

Result: We dropped into town this morning and went to the bakery and they had some Sourdough Cornbread. We'll have a slice or two of this.

Chocolate melting Puds. Home made fondants which are light and spongy with a gooey middle of organic dark chocolate. Raspberries and whipped Cream I've made 4 so we'll have them tomorrow also

A New Zealand Pinot and Aussie Shiraz for the reds. A French country white.

Sunday:

A may do a seafood start but I have not decided yet

Chilli. Already made so it can improve with age. Hot too

Cornbread

Chocolate Puds

Rioja and Sauvignon Blanc for the wines

Looking forward to the action and see if Bubba holds his nerve

McDowell didn't make the cut, so it's pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, and macaroni salad for jabe and Mrs jabe later on. Still will be cheap beer for me only, as Mrs jabe doesn't drink. (she trys to keep me in line)

Your spread sound mighty fine CP. Enjoy!

Expect Bubba to choke, if not today, by the start of the back nine tomorrow. Not that I want that mind you.

Wouldn't mind seeing a "seasoned" player like Boom Boom pulling one out for old time's sake.

Archived