JPJ To Play Bonnaroo 2014 w/ Seasick Steve

sam_webmaster

• 1 month later...

Wow, guess I haven't been following his tour dates.

Just trying to dodge the Roo traffic on the way to work.

I might have bought a one day ticket for this.

He's so incredible diverse. Can't wait for the Opera

John.

BONNAROO (SATURDAY) @ THE FARM, MANCHESTER, TENNESSEE June 15th, 2014 · No Comments

14245564858_58960ec765.jpg

Photos and words by David Hall

Without a doubt, Jack White owned Day 3 (Saturday) of Bonnaroo with his first “solo” set at the Manchester, Tenn. fest. His massive 26-song set – truly, an incredible homecoming – harkened back to previous performances on the Farm with his other bands, the Dead Weather (2010), the Raconteurs (2008) and the White Stripes (2007). Though White had much to play (and much to say … gee wiz), this night’s roster included a slew of conflicts that made it difficult to justify sticking around for the entire show.

Those competing top-tier artists included the always dazzling Flaming Lips, the famously sinister Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (sadly under-attended) and Skrillex hosting his own Superjam (sure, it included special guest Robby Krieger of the doors, but I was comfortable passing anyway).

This was perhaps the fest’s strongest day overall with massively impressive performances throughout, including Cut Copy, Lionel Richie, Damon Albarn, Cake, First Aid Kit and Seasick Steve featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones

http://larecord.com/photos/2014/06/15/bonnaroo-saturday-the-farm-manchester-tennesse

A few great photos of JPJ:-)

Archived