What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 8:30 AM, paul carruthers said:

As we all know our tastes in music is different and subjective. However, I could argue that Scott is one of the best frontmen ever. He had the pipes for sure, he could sing in many styles, his voice when healthy was fucking incredible! He would have fit into any generation, he could have been a crooner in the vein of Frank S, for those who don’t think so please check out his solo work, he would have been able to slide next to Jim Morrison, Robert, certainly Bowie. Lyrically he was very good, and stylistically he was as good as it gets. 

STP do not get the credit they deserve, I saw them the first time opening for Robert Plant and Lenny Kravitz, was able to see them several times after that as well as see Scott. God Bless him, he was incredible. 

I understand why they have continued on, they still enjoy playing, I wish that they would have called it something else though, just my opinion.

I find myself playing their music a lot, along with Alice, and Janes Addiction they were for me, head and shoulders ahead of the other bands that came out around the same time. I know Janes Addiction was together way before STP, and Alice, but in that era/any era they were out of this world and a throwback to that early era of music that was the catalyst for all of those bands. 

Edited by Plant77

On 3/24/2024 at 8:13 PM, greengrass said:

I have always had an appreciation for CCR being a born and raised Bay Area man myself. What blows my mind is that John Fogerty had a lawsuit against him for his mid 80’s solo album which was pretty good, and lost that lawsuit for sounding like himself for the songs he wrote/composed in CCR. I suppose that there is more to the story that I’m not aware of, but if it is as simple as that, wow! 

This is a pretty good show and John had a great raspy voice. Cool concert film and backstory to this show as well. 

Posted (edited)

I have been digging the uploads so far from the current Neil Young & Crazy Horse tour. Opening with "Cortez the Killer" complete with the long lost verse is magic. Willie Nelson's son Micah is doing an admirable job filling in for the retired Frank 'Poncho' Sampedro. Neil busted out "I'm the Ocean" from the Mirror Ball album for the first time on this tour at this show in Virginia last week. Cannot wait to see them in September at the Hollywood Bowl.

Edited by Strider

I vaguely remember watching this when it aired. This was the best line-up...Heart was never better than this period. When Roger left, it was the beginning of the end.