CODA with 4 bonus tracks

gperkins151

I have heard these great 4 bonus tracks a number of times and would like to find out if they are available anywhere else than in the huge box sets?

I have them as MP3's but since the rest of my collection is CD quality, I'd like to have these four tracks at this quality as well.

Seems silly to buy the box set for four tracks IMO. :(

Any ideas?

I would wait & see what turns up next year.

Talking to a local record shop owner here in Sheffield yesterday, he suggested that the revamped Zep back catalogue was to be reissued in 2008. Obviously this is hearsay, so can anyone confirm this?

Given that the Zep catalogue has been issued & reissued several times in various formats, I guess the chance for them to use the tracks you are referring to as bonus additions is perhaps a possibility.

Let's wait & see.

I would wait & see what turns up next year.

Talking to a local record shop owner here in Sheffield yesterday, he suggested that the revamped Zep back catalogue was to be reissued in 2008. Obviously this is hearsay, so can anyone confirm this?

Given that the Zep catalogue has been issued & reissued several times in various formats, I guess the chance for them to use the tracks you are referring to as bonus additions is perhaps a possibility.

Let's wait & see.

Yeah, that's one option of course. However, I would still want those tracks in their current remastering since I prefer it to the ones on Mothership. I assume that this represents what they would be doing next year, should they redo the catalog.

I have heard these great 4 bonus tracks a number of times and would like to find out if they are available anywhere else than in the huge box sets?

I have them as MP3's but since the rest of my collection is CD quality, I'd like to have these four tracks at this quality as well.

Seems silly to buy the box set for four tracks IMO. :(

Any ideas?

I owned all the original issue CDs, and I used to feel the same way about those four track. . . until my copy of II got water soaked, ruining the cover and insert. I purchased the remastered version. When I did an A/B comparison, it was quite drastic. I realized that my "CD quality" collection was not really the best possible sounding Zeppelin. Not only are there hiss and EQ problems on many of the original CDs, the left and right stereo tracks on the fourth album were actually REVERSED on the original CD release.

Sometimes it is worth it to re-purchase something. Most of my Zep collection I have purchased THREE times: 1. vinyl 2. the original CD issues 3. the remastered studio collection.

So unless you already own all the remasters, consider buying the Complete Studio Recordings box just for the sound improvement on the songs. . . Think of the extra tracks on Coda as a bonus. Another nice bonus is the book that comes with the set.

So unless you already own all the remasters, consider buying the Complete Studio Recordings box just for the sound improvement on the songs. . . Think of the extra tracks on Coda as a bonus. Another nice bonus is the book that comes with the set.

You make some good points. However, I am very limited financially, otherwise I would probably just spring for it.

Plus, I already have the remastered version of each album.

• 3 weeks later...
You make some good points. However, I am very limited financially, otherwise I would probably just spring for it.

Plus, I already have the remastered version of each album.

Does anyone know if the "Travelling Riverside Blues" performance on the CODA Bonus Tracks CD is the same as the one on the BBC 2 CD set?

I think they are, but the sound on the BBC set is poorer for some reason.

Does anyone know if the "Travelling Riverside Blues" performance on the CODA Bonus Tracks CD is the same as the one on the BBC 2 CD set?

I think they are, but the sound on the BBC set is poorer for some reason.

The version on the box set was remastered, but I think the one on BBC Sessions is closer to the orginal sonic quality from the broadcast. Not 100 percent certain, but I know from Eddie Edwards' site that there was minimal tinkering done with the BBC Sessions other than edits for copyright purposes.

Archived