Are there any photos of Jimmy Page's paintings/art?

Il'l tell you, I have always been mystified by this. From time to time since Iv'e been into Zep, there has always creeped in ; why has not

one JOT of Page's artwork ever been seen, as far as I know ??

Maybe it has everything to do with Page's at times almost pathological perfectionism; just listen to Page's sticky fingers all over the

reworked TSRTS and HTWWW. A shame, I'm sure SOME of his artwork could be interesting.

i know that jimmy liked to paint. are there any photos online of his artwork?? (sorry if this thread already exists im new :blush: )

Does Page still paint or draw nowadays? I know he did during his student days at Sutton Art School but has he ever mentioned during an interview that making art (as opposed to buying it) is a hobby of his?

Il'l tell you, I have always been mystified by this. From time to time since Iv'e been into Zep, there has always creeped in ; why has not

one JOT of Page's artwork ever been seen, as far as I know ??

Maybe it has everything to do with Page's at times almost pathological perfectionism; just listen to Page's sticky fingers all over the

reworked TSRTS and HTWWW. A shame, I'm sure SOME of his artwork could be interesting.

I've always been mystified by this as well. I would love to see some of Page's artwork. I've also wondered about Page's style of painting: Was he a traditional painter? An abstract painter?

WTF??? Hitler painted better landscapes than that silly drawing above. I sure hope that is a fugazzi. If not, and it is genuine, thank god he stuck with music.

Does Page still paint or draw nowadays? I know he did during his student days at Sutton Art School but has he ever mentioned during an interview that making art (as opposed to buying it) is a hobby of his?

no clue. i know just as much about it as you do.

Isn't there a rumor that Page did the interior of LZIV?

The hermit painting was done by Barrington Coleby and Plant bought the photo from the cover at a junk shop.

"Robert and I came up with the design of IV together. Robert had

actually bought the print that is on the cover from a junk shop in

Reading. We then came up with the idea of having the picture -- the man

with the sticks -- represent the old way on a demolished building, with

the new way combing up behind it. The illustration on the inside was my

idea. It is the Hermit character from the Tarot, a symbol of self-

reliance and wisdom, and it was drawn by Barrington Coleby."

I've seen Picasso sketches which aren't dissimilar to that, I wouldn't write off his ability to draw/paint on a quick drawing of a bone like that.

Oh, I was just taking the piss that's all. I find it funny actually, drawing a bone and then signing it as if it were a Caravaggio. Pure Jimmy genius.

Oh, I was just taking the piss that's all. I find it funny actually, drawing a bone and then signing it as if it were a Caravaggio. Pure Jimmy genius.

Erm, I think you'll find I was taking the piss,

Picasso? FFS :sarcastic_hand:

Well this is interesting. I'm no art expert, but to my eyes a lot of the Lennon sketches are definetly of merit, not Picasso but

there is a distinction and depth that is "artistic". IMO that dogbone thing don't look too hot. Maybe his art is like his singing,

I don't know.

Archived