AXS TV to Salute Led Zeppelin on Labor Day with Multiple Screenings of "Celebration Day"

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

AXS TV to Salute Led Zeppelin on Labor Day with Multiple Screenings of "Celebration Day"

August 17, 2015

M_LedZeppelinRobertPlant_CelebrationDayS

This Labor Day will be a Led Zeppelin “Celebration Day” over at AXS TV, as the high-def network is planning to pay tribute to the band on the 47th anniversary of its first concert with a special block of programming. AXS TV will play the British rock legends’ 2012 concert film Celebration Day four times back to back on Monday, September 7, starting at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT.

Serving as host of the special will be Jason Bonham, son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, who stepped in for his dad at the band’s 2007 reunion show in London that was filmed for the Celebration Day movie. Jason will share stories about growing up with his famous father, and about his experiences playing with the group at the historic concert.

Celebration Day documents Led Zeppelin’s December 10, 2007, reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena. It features singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, along with Jason, ripping through a set of the band’s classic songs, including “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock and Roll,” “Kashmir” and the epic “Stairway to Heaven.” The show was organized as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

“It’s a great privilege and an honor to be even in the same breath as my father,” says Jason. “To get a chance to play with these peers, with the band as well, you’re gonna see what was truly one of the greatest days of my life.”

After the 11 a.m. ET screening, AXS TV will air Celebration Day again at 1:15 p.m. ET, 3:30 p.m. ET and 5:45 p.m. ET.

Led Zeppelin’s very first concert took place on September 7, 1968, in Gladsaxe, Denmark, although the band was actually still billing itself as The Yardbirds at the time.

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/65030/

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Have phun everyone who gets AXS TV in your location! No AXS TV here in Minnesota so once again Comcast (Conca$h) Cable let's it's Midwest U.S. customers down. Maybe it will not be quite as good as viewing CD in a theater, but it will be quite a lot safer, at least here in the U.S.A. -- a really sad to have to admit commentary on American society today.

• 2 weeks later...

Have phun everyone who gets AXS TV in your location! No AXS TV here in Minnesota so once again Comcast (Conca$h) Cable let's it's Midwest U.S. customers down. Maybe it will not be quite as good as viewing CD in a theater, but it will be quite a lot safer, at least here in the U.S.A. -- a really sad to have to admit commentary on American society today.

Excuse me? I have seen CD four times in the theatres and I have never felt unsafe or threatened in any way. No cause for your baseless comment.

Wait a minute...this has been out on DVD/CD since 2012! Haven't you purchased one yet?

Oh I have it, all right, and have seen it several times, but it's my understanding that Jason was going to do a commentary on behind-the-scenes goings on, so I thought it would interesting to get those glimpses, that's all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me? I have seen CD four times in the theatres and I have never felt unsafe or threatened in any way. No cause for your baseless comment.

I wrote, "...commentary on American society today." not 'commentary on Led Zeppelin fans or CD theater goers!' I was not saying that CD was any more dangerous than any other movie in a theater.

I was referring to the violence that has been occurring in US theaters and all of the violence in America in general these days. On the day that I wrote that comment, the August 26th live on television murders of a reporter and her cameraman was dominating the news. It would have probably kept my comment more in context for people reading it at a later date, if I had made direct reference to the violence. Sorry to Strider and to anyone else that may have (understandably) taken my comment in a way other than I meant it.

• 1 month later...

I wrote, "...commentary on American society today." not 'commentary on Led Zeppelin fans or CD theater goers!' I was not saying that CD was any more dangerous than any other movie in a theater.

I was referring to the violence that has been occurring in US theaters and all of the violence in America in general these days. On the day that I wrote that comment, the August 26th live on television murders of a reporter and her cameraman was dominating the news. It would have probably kept my comment more in context for people reading it at a later date, if I had made direct reference to the violence. Sorry to Strider and to anyone else that may have (understandably) taken my comment in a way other than I meant it.

More theater violence, it's absolutely horrible. My heart goes out to the people of Paris. I am praying that God will help my president to understand how big of a mistake leading from behind has been.

Archived