1975 -1977 recordings,

strombringer101

Here's a sample of WLL from the stereo remaster of the L.A. 1975 soundboard I'm working on. This is still a work in progress, so I don't have any links for it. The theremin and Robert's voice ended up in the same stub so it made creating the ping pong effect relatively easy, although I did it by manually adjusting the volume instead of automating it, which was kind of a pain. A good rotating speaker effect would have been helpful, although I like the randomness of doing it by hand. Also, I made no attempt to replicate what's on the audience tape, just went with whatever sounded right when I was doing it.

Edited by SteveZ98

5 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Jesus that sounds good, Jonsey was getting funky! Whole band sounds in fine form.

It must have been stunning to experience in person, with the light show going and the sound bouncing around the arena and Jonsey's bass hitting you in the chest.  

9 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Here's a sample of WLL from the stereo remaster of the L.A. 1975 soundboard I'm working on.

Sounds fantastic !  When I first heard this show I wondered if they were going into When the Levee Breaks (around 3:30 in your clip).