"Alternate Box set 2", anyone know it?

pageluvva

I was just cleaning up my huge file of Zep bootlegs and found a folder called "The Alternate Box Set 2" filled with 30 various live tunes including what I think are some rarities like Carouselambra - Clearwell Castle '78 (KILLER) and The Crunge/Lickin Stick 3-12-75. 

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this bootleg. The text file is signed Unkeljimbo. 

Whatever it is it rocks! Who or what is Clearwater Castle? 

Thanks to all for any help you can give me. 

Led Zeppelin rehearsed at Clearwater Castle, Forest of Dean, Wales in May 1978 for the ITTOD sessions.

You've basically just got one of the huge boxsets of various outtakes in random order

You may want to delete what you've got and download the Led Zeppelin Outtakes 11CD Box Set Antrabata boxset if you want a quick spring clean.

A simple google of "Led Zeppelin Outtakes 11CD Box Set Antrabata " will lead you there.

Thanks so much. I am just beginning to clean my over 100G file of Zeppelin and indeed I checked and I have the Antrabata box set. Being the obsessive Zep fan I am one day soon I want to go through all demos and outtakes and compare them all. 

Thanks for helping me out. 

That Carouselambra is amazing! 

11 hours ago, pageluvva said:

I was just cleaning up my huge file of Zep bootlegs and found a folder called "The Alternate Box Set 2" filled with 30 various live tunes including what I think are some rarities like Carouselambra - Clearwell Castle '78 (KILLER) and The Crunge/Lickin Stick 3-12-75. 

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this bootleg. The text file is signed Unkeljimbo. 

Whatever it is it rocks! Who or what is Clearwater Castle? 

Thanks to all for any help you can give me. 

Unkeljimbo is a username at Royal-Orleans.com so it's probably something he compiled and uploaded there.

Yes, Steve is correct. Also, the Crunge/Lickin' Stick bit is part of a Whole Lotta Love medley live performance, and so will not be on any studio-outtake collection. It is available on many live bootlegs, although it sounds as if the version you have is something Unkeljimbo might have custom-made as a standalone-type track, perhaps with by fading in and out of the Whole Lotta Love medley.

As for a studio-outtake collection, the Antrabata 11-disc set is cool but it's two generations out of date. Scorpio released a 12-disc set that is based on the Antrabata but uses some upgrades sources and rounds up some additional odds and ends. And then in 2013, Godfather put out Studio Magik, an 18-disc set that again upgrades a few sources, and rounds up some additional material (including the Zep II multitracks that had leaked by that time). So if you're searching out a one-stop studio outtakes, demos, etc set, the Godfather Studio Magik is the one. There are some additional and/or better-sounding bits and pieces that have surfaced since 2013 - and a few of the items came out in pristine quality in the 2014/15 official reissue campaign - but Studio Magik remains the best overall outtakes comp.

Archived