The "Hairy" Details . . .

The Rover

Sorry, this is not about the details of "Sex, Drugs, & Rock'n'Roll"

My Question is about the details of the preparations for a show, mainly on the '73 - '77 US Tours.

So, on the day of the show, after the band members awoke for the day, and bathed/showered, was there a hair stylist that worked with Jimmy & Robert, or did the boys "do their own hair" ?

3 hours ago, The Rover said:

Sorry, this is not about the details of "Sex, Drugs, & Rock'n'Roll"

My Question is about the details of the preparations for a show, mainly on the '73 - '77 US Tours.

So, on the day of the show, after the band members awoke for the day, and bathed/showered, was there a hair stylist that worked with Jimmy & Robert, or did the boys "do their own hair" ?

I cannot say for sure but at least in 77' I don't think Jimmy did shit to his hair including washing it most of the tour. Now Robert likely either coiffed his own hair or had some groupie attend to it post pre-show coitus.

I would hazard to guess the groupies likely tended to most of the bands needs while on the road but, I could be wrong.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:44 AM, EaglesOfOneNest said:

I have blonde, curly hair and I am very jealous of Robert's hair! I'd like to know how he got it to look so good all through the '70's!

Well that's obvious Eagles, old Robert used Gee...You're Hair Smells Terrific! Shampoo. :hysterical:

You know the real secret to Robert Plant super awesome-O hair??? Copious amounts of women, alcohol, drugs, and unbridled debauchery in general, that's what.

Think about it, your average Joe (40% of men over 40 and 70% of men over 50) experience varying levels of very noticeable male pattern baldness. Now look at most music stars, great hair, great goddamned hair. Sure, some wear wigs and lose their hair over time (Blackmore, Taylor, Frampton, etc.) but most have great natural hair. Reason why, no matter how shitty things may get on the road it is always, ALWAYS 1000x better than the best most average folk will ever experience in their life. The rock star life is way less stressful than some accountant working 9-5.

Thems the perks of fame in the music industry. Even the most famous of actors dream of being a rock star, but not very many rock stars give a single shit about becoming a famous actor. Well, except for James Taylor, and he went bald. Screw that guy.

I never knew that Robert was a big alcohol drinker. I still don't think that he was. He's not your average heathen. Yes, most average heathens, if they know anything, it's alcohol in copious amounts, first and foremost. Their fans too. But for me, and I guess Robert too, it was never about the alcohol. Actually, most people are drunks first, and just look for music to go with their drunkary. For me, it was music first, and, then later I looked for stuff that would best accentuate the music. Wasn't alcohol. But, I know that stereotypes are easy to come by.