Book By The Guy Who Ran Trademark Of Quality Becomes Reality

Steve Talia

There is already a thread about this book.  Wait, I thought there was, maybe I read it @RO or SHMF, or both.

I am tempted to buy this, I bought many TMOQs between 73 and 76 (other labels too) Should be an interesting read. 

Edited by JTM

But neither of the guys who ran TMOQ are named “Ralph” or “Harold”, like the authors of this book. 

I assume they interviewed Dub, based on the fact that they note the 1976 ending. Whereas Ken was active for years past that.

Edited by pluribus

8 hours ago, gcczep said:

$100...nope. I have the Clinton Heylin book Bootleg which will do.

Yes, imperfect as it is may be, the Heylin book at least features some other interesting stories. The advent of boot silvers to be specific(TSP, Great Dane, Scorpio, Silver Rarities,...). TMOQ is important, but their glory days were- like- from 69 to 73?  🥱

Edited by duckman

17 minutes ago, duckman said:

Yes, imperfect as it is maybe, the Heylin book at least features some other interesting stories. The advent of boot silvers to be specific(TSP, Great Dane, Scorpio, Silver Rarities,...). TMOQ is important, but their glory days were- like- from 69 to 73?  🥱

Did not really get into bootlegs until the early to mid 1980's but TMOQ's by then were hard to find and fetch at the time high prices especially the colored vinyls. Good stuff though. 

popsike.com - Led Zeppelin Live TRADE MARK OF QUALITY YEARS 10 ...

Took the above pic off the 'net. I still have mine and have kept it in great condition. Supposedly the lps are off the original plates. Glad I kept it all these years.