Robert Plant's tribute to Jimmy Page

MrZoSo

Taken from JPO1....

Bloody hell!! That was absolutely wonderful. "You made music from beyond music." I don't even know what he's congratulating him on at the end--but as one of the people commented on YouTube, "He might as well have just said I love you."

That was so lovely, thanks so much for posting it!

I wonder what he is congradulating him on?

I now see the thread title has been amended to say it's on the 2007 Living Legend Award. I only vaguely remember him getting that and can't remember who from, but I think Robert's just congratulating him on being Jimmy, anyway!

I now see the thread title has been amended to say it's on the 2007 Living Legend Award. I only vaguely remember him getting that and can't remember who from, but I think Robert's just congratulating him on being Jimmy, anyway!

It is very touching isn't it? He welled up a few times it seems. It's from the 2007 classic rock magazine Living Legend award, yes.

Oh yeah, I remember that now but never saw anything from Robert.

I think Steven Tyler gave it to him.

Taken from JPO1....

Thanks, MrZoSo. Obsessed with Zeppelin (Angi) posted this earlier and there were some interesting comments: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=2234

After I watched it, my question was: What was Jimmy's reaction, if any, to the video. Did he say anything in response? What sorts of emotions crossed his face as he viewed it?

Thanks, MrZoSo. Obsessed with Zeppelin (Angi) posted this earlier and there were some interesting comments: http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=2234

After I watched it, my question was: What was Jimmy's reaction, if any, to the video. Did he say anything in response? What sorts of emotions crossed his face as he viewed it?

Great question. I am sure there is video of his reaction also. Sorry, didn't realize it was a double posting. My bad. Please refer to the original.

:wub: Well that was really really beautiful. What incredible words to bestow upon his friend. I'm sure Jimmy was quite touched by that. I remember reading he had sent in a video message. So glad we got to see it and thanks for posting :D

Edited to say a thank you again to Angi. I had forgotten for a moment it was posted prior but one never minds a second look at these things so cheers to both of you :beer:

Sorry, Angi, I guess you originally posted it when I was away, so I didn't see it (not having gone through 3 weeks' worth of posts!). But thank you MrZoSo because otherwise I'd have missed out altogether.

You're most welcome. I am finding the women of lz.com forum are extremely sweet. :blush:

Archived