Mountain

MHD

I only know (and love!) Nantucket Sleighride...is further listening recommended?

I've always loved "Mississippi Queen." My husband was a big fan of Mountain - their music and their concerts - back in the 70's. The sorts of concerts where he'd drive for hours to get to, camp out, etc. I can ask him what else he recommends. He's talked about Leslie West. I'll get back to you. You might like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszD_MfB798

Short lived, but a band full of energy. Leslie Wests a great player. you might want to check out West .. Bruce and Lange... That album may be a difficult find ...but a must for mountain fans

Short lived, but a band full of energy. Leslie Wests a great player. you might want to check out West .. Bruce and Lange... That album may be a difficult find ...but a must for mountain fans

Definitely full of energy and that great, early '70s sound. Until I talked with my husband about Mountain, I had forgotten that Felix Pappalardi was murdered by his wife.

Nantucket Sleighride and CLIMBING are great !!! The latter has 'Mississippi Queen'....

Both essential in my book.

Plus this one is great....pre-Mountain....it has Pappalardi on bass...and N.D. Smart. It's credited as a Leslie West solo album but for all intents and purposes..it's a Mountain album

My husband also suggested Climbing. I'd forgotten about his solo album.

Definitely full of energy and that great, early '70s sound. Until I talked with my husband about Mountain, I had forgotten that Felix Pappalardi was murdered by his wife.

Geez...I'd forgotten that too....his wife ? Dang....Was her name Claudine Longet ? :lol:

:bagoverhead:

Geez...I'd forgotten that too....his wife ? Dang....Was her name Claudine Longet ? :lol:

:bagoverhead:

Yes, his wife. He was stepping out on her so she shot and killed him. It was in NYC and I think she got off on lesser charges b/c of a technicality. What a loss! Claudine Longet and her French ski guy? Was that an "accident" too?

I kinda like them, I saw them at Knebworth in 1985 !!! That Nantucket song was used as a theme tune to a prog called Weekend World in the 1970's.

That's how I first got to hear Nantucket Sleighride :)

Archived