Jennings farm Blues

Bombay versions of Led zep 4

the rover acoustic

all of my love extended guitar solo

no quater acoustic

in through the outdoor missing album

et a,

1. The Girl I Love is on the BBC Sessions

2. Many of the items mentioned were stolen from Page's home, so how can he remaster/release them when he doesn't have the original tapes?

What is that?

Wasn't that the EP which was supposed to have the three songs that ended up on Coda -- Ozone Baby, Darlene and Wearing and Tearing? Otherwise, in all my readings, I have no clue what's meant by "ITTOD missing album."

1. The Girl I Love is on the BBC Sessions

2. Many of the items mentioned were stolen from Page's home, so how can he remaster/release them when he doesn't have the original tapes?

There are surely copies existing, and while not Master quality, could be used.

There are surely copies existing, and while not Master quality, could be used.

You're joking, right? James P. Page ... the P doesn't stand for Patrick, it stands for Perfectionist. You're on crack if you think he'll release anything of substandard audio quality.

You're joking, right? James P. Page ... the P doesn't stand for Patrick, it stands for Perfectionist. You're on crack if you think he'll release anything of substandard audio quality.

"Safety" copies of the mixed masters have been used before by Zeppelin. I have looked for an hour to find where I know this from and I can't. From memory it was either the original CD releases, or Early Days/Latter Days. It's essentially a 2nd generation copy, not like it would be some scratchy dodgy sound, but if the masters exist they are the best source to use, obviously.

"Safety" copies of the mixed masters have been used before by Zeppelin. I have looked for an hour to find where I know this from and I can't. From memory it was either the original CD releases, or Early Days/Latter Days. It's essentially a 2nd generation copy, not like it would be some scratchy dodgy sound, but if the masters exist they are the best source to use, obviously.

You're talking about stuff that was professionally mastered for official release in the first place. This would be stuff that had never been mastered for release. Why would "safety" copies of stuff exist that they had never planned to release?

You're talking about stuff that was professionally mastered for official release in the first place. This would be stuff that had never been mastered for release. Why would "safety" copies of stuff exist that they had never planned to release?

OK so they are sitting there after recording a song during the Physical Graffiti sessions, a song which may or may not make it on the album. They do a rough mix in the studio, but then it is decided they won't use the song on the album. What do you think happens, they burn the master tapes, "We're never going to need those again."? Of course not, the masters are stored and most likely a copy, aka 'safety' of those masters is made and stored elsewhere.

i understand CODA was released with 'rejects' from in thorough the outdoor.

confirm?

According to Hammer of the Gods, the band owed Atlantic Records one more album from the five album deal that created Swan Song Records in 1974. As such, Coda can be seen as a contractual fulfillment.

"We're Gonna Groove" opens the album and, according to the album notes, was recorded at Morgan Studios in June, 1969. It was later acknowledged to have come from the January 9, 1970 concert at the Royal Albert Hall, with the guitar parts overdubbed in places. "Poor Tom" is from sessions for Led Zeppelin III. "I Can't Quit You Baby" is taken from the same concert as "We're Gonna Groove" but was listed as a rehearsal in the original liner notes. "Walter's Walk" is from the 1972 Houses of the Holy sessions, although debate remains as to the chronological origin of the vocal performance by Robert Plant (likely recorded or overdubbed at a later date; often speculated that it was recorded in November 1978 at the In Through the Out Door sessions).

"Ozone Baby", "Darlene", and "Wearing and Tearing" are outtakes from the In Through the Out Door sessions in 1978. "Bonzo's Montreux" is a 1976 John Bonham drum instrumental with electronic effects added by Jimmy Page. This song would later be included on both boxed sets, being combined with Bonham's Moby Dick drum solo on the 1990 Led Zeppelin boxed set, and as an individual track on the 1993 Led Zeppelin boxed set 2.

The inner liner features a collage of photographs. The main photo on the right side — showing the band members apparently clapping — was taken the day before their Knebworth appearances in 1979 and in that village. However, the band were dissatisfied with the image, and their images — and the ground where they stand — are all that remain from that photo. Superimposed behind the band is a photo of a green field in Chaddesley Corbett, Worcestershire, England, near Bonham's home.

Track listing

1. "We're Gonna Groove" (James Albert Bethea, Ben E. King) – 2:40
  2. "Poor Tom" (Jimmy Page, Robert Plant) – 3:01
  3. "I Can't Quit You Baby" (Willie Dixon) – 4:17
  4. "Walter's Walk" (Page, Plant) – 4:31
  5. "Ozone Baby" (Page, Plant) – 3:35
  6. "Darlene" (John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Page, Plant) – 5:06
  7. "Bonzo's Montreux" (Bonham) – 4:17
  8. "Wearing and Tearing" (Page, Plant) – 5:31

1993 bonus tracks

In 1993 four bonus tracks were added to the album on the edition included in the career-spanning boxed set Complete Studio Recordings"Baby Come on Home" (Bert Berns, Page, Plant) – 4:30 "Traveling Riverside Blues" (Robert Johnson, Page, Plant) – 5:11

"White Summer/Black Mountain Side" (Page) – 8:01

"Hey Hey What Can I Do" (Bonham, Jones, Page, Plant) – 3:55

No there is supposedly a full albums worth of material in the can from the In through The Outdoor ear

Im sure I read in from a Tight But Loose fanzine

This is news to me. No one has ever written about this. The only thing I've ever read about was a three-song EP with Ozone Baby/Darlene/Walter's Walk.

Archived