Led Zeppelin performing "heartbreaker" by free

eurasier

I have never heard of such a beast. Free's "Heartbreaker" wasn't released until January 1973. So any Led Zeppelin reference to Free's "Heartbreaker" within their own "Heartbreaker" would have been on the 1973 tour or later. I don't have all the 1973 "Heartbreaker"s but I have heard all of the known existing "Heartbreaker" performances on tape from 1975, 1977, 1979, and 1980, and I don't recall hearing them drop Free's version into the middle of any of them.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I have never heard of such a beast. Free's "Heartbreaker" wasn't released until January 1973. So any Led Zeppelin reference to Free's "Heartbreaker" within their own "Heartbreaker" would have been on the 1973 tour or later. I don't have all the 1973 "Heartbreaker"s but I have heard all of the known existing "Heartbreaker" performances on tape from 1975, 1977, 1979, and 1980, and I don't recall hearing them drop Free's version into the middle of any of them.

Maybe he is referring to the Atlantic 40th concert. I remember in the middle of Heartbreaker where the solo was supposed to be, Jimmy did some weird stuff with his fingers that sounded like a small child was stomping on a broken harp. Maybe that's what he is referring to???

Edited by BobDobbs

On 2/26/2021 at 8:46 AM, Walesdad said:

I'm no expert but I've never read, heard, or even fallen over in the street any reference to the band performing Free's 'Heartbreaker', good luck in that search.

Agree. But let us know if you find something.