Record Store Day UK 2021 - Robert Plant 12"

Heads up retro heads:

UK RSD release this summer. Robert Plant 12" coloured vinyl (limited) on "Mercury Studios" label.

Tracks: 1) Hurting Kind 2) Liar’s Dance 3) Tall Cool One 4) Wearing and Tearing

No further info; might be Knebworth 1990 tracks. Due 12th June.

Eye fank ewe.

I am very excited for this release, and  I also saw that this is releasing for RSD here in the US.   Since I would imagine the sound quality is better than the versions I remember from youtube, this should be a great listen.  

I totally have bitched about this here before, but I am definitely not looking forward to contending with gangs of Ebay sellers at my local-but-not-so-local shop day of release, especially during this magically vomitous year.   Thankfully the release list is long, so maybe this will not the the focus of their panicked hoarding.  Maybe my local corporate owned shop (masquerading as a local record store) will set aside a copy for me if I ask super nicely.

Edited by Darth Hoek

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, Darth Hoek said:

I am very excited for this release, and  I also saw that this is releasing for RSD here in the US.   Since I would imagine the sound quality is better than the versions I remember from youtube, this should be a great listen.  

I totally have bitched about this here before, but I am definitely not looking forward to contending with gangs of Ebay sellers at my local-but-not-so-local shop day of release, especially during this magically vomitous year.   Thankfully the release list is long, so maybe this will not the the focus of their panicked hoarding.  Maybe my local corporate owned shop (masquerading as a local record store) will set aside a copy for me if I ask super nicely.

I've read different stories about how record stores handle R.S.D. The record store I go to doesn't hold R.S.D. things, I don't know if your record store is different but best of luck Darth Hoek. I've missed the last couple of R.S.D.'s but because of this Robert Plant release I'll definitely be going.

• 1 month later...

Getting pumped up for RSD this Saturday! Will go to stand in line at midnight. Besides Robert Plant live at Knebworth 1990 there will be a very similar release from Genesis live from Knebworth 1990 that I'm going to try to get as well. Also some Dio era Black Sabbath picture discs I want to try to get. And some other things RSD gods willing...Good luck to all participating!

1181901580_418464862115360.jpg.362f13ee966bcf66d6e811e8464ad405.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

:banana:Have a friend in Prescott that comes to Phoenix for every RSD. Meeting up with him tonight. He wants to get the Devo, the tribute to Repo Man and a few others. Hope I get the Robert Plant. Wearing and Tearing with Jimmy Page, do I need to say more?

Edited by luvlz2

I was successful!

100_0082.thumb.JPG.a6b4eaa205f2c14d0dd4f42d7b0a6232.JPG

A big turnout at my record store. My friend and I were second and third in line. They let us enter twenty people at a time and gave us I think ten minutes before letting the next twenty people in and I liked that.

100_0076.JPG.f1ae29ef0e0554a5085bee0bd15c9e11.JPG

Edited by luvlz2

Took this picture from the front of the line, I had to temporarily step out of place into the parking lot to take it. You can't see them but there's a line of people behind me underneath the sign that says Zia Record Exchange and extends to the back and then down the street. It was good turnout.

100_0072.JPG.bc6a7621f3aaee700b5c2f3b1e02fb76.JPG

Got this bandana:

100_0099.JPG.131ac12fa94507a048820ce5749d2d65.JPG

Edited by luvlz2

I don't know if it's just the batch of albums that came to my area, I don't know if it's just me and my turntable (I really don't think so) but the Robert Plant and Genesis RSD albums I bought on RSD are toast! In other words, pressing issues. The records skip like crazy. I don't write this stuff lightly unless I'm sure there's an issue with a new vinyl that I bought.

I even went back to the record store and bought another Robert Plant live at Knebworth 1990 and it did the same thing, but thankfully the side with Wearing and Tearing was in better (good) condition. The other side skipped down the whole record. I played another record of mine afterwards and it played fine.

But I'll say again that I don't know if it's just my turntable to be on the safe side. But I'll also say again that I don't think it's my turntable and I think it's the records.

If anyone has had the same issues or seen any other reports similar to mine let me know and thanks.

Edited by luvlz2