Phil Carson Prank

If I have this right, Zep played a prank on Phil Carson by ditching him mid song in a Japan 1971 show. Does anyone know the show and song where this occurred? I tried finding it once, to no avail, but I'm sure I just wasn't patient enough. Apparently they got booed for it and kinda is one of their few professional stage regrets.  Anyways, I'm hoping to hear this happen. Does anyone know these fine details?

4 hours ago, HollywoodBowl1998 said:

If I have this right, Zep played a prank on Phil Carson by ditching him mid song in a Japan 1971 show. Does anyone know the show and song where this occurred? I tried finding it once, to no avail, but I'm sure I just wasn't patient enough. Apparently they got booed for it and kinda is one of their few professional stage regrets.  Anyways, I'm hoping to hear this happen. Does anyone know these fine details?

How does one ditch someone mid-song? Did they just exit the stage in the middle of the song leaving Carson all by his lonesome on-stage? 

Sorry, but this makes no sense.

12 hours ago, HollywoodBowl1998 said:

believe it was in japan where they invited him on stage and they did leave stage for a moment, this was in hammer of gods if you can believe what Cole says

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

How does one ditch someone mid-song? Did they just exit the stage in the middle of the song leaving Carson all by his lonesome on-stage? 

Sorry, but this makes no sense.

Yes, apparently this is exactly what happened. but I can't seem to find a boot that matches this taking place. I've read it in two books now.

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

believe it was in japan where they invited him on stage and they did leave stage for a moment, this was in hammer of gods if you can believe what Cole says

Yup, and I just saw it again in the Treasures of Led Zeppelin by Chris Welsh, which got me thinking about it again.

It sounds to me that Richard Cole is getting his stories mixed up. Maybe he was thinking about the time Bonham left the group in the middle of their acoustic set at the 9.29.71 Osaka show and the band had to improvise and stall for a couple of songs until Bonham got back from wherever he went (the loo being most probable)?