2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So much for the Leafs playing well.  With the talent they have they are just up and down.  Vegas has really spun out of late.  Vancouver has also had problems.  The Sabres are within striking distance of a few teams including the Devils.  But I must say again, losing Jack Quinn was a killer

I guess with the Bruins it matters more about what team shows up to play than their overall talent. They put a hurting on Toronto last night. This is the team I want to see for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

1 minute ago, hummingbird69 said:

I guess with the Bruins it matters more about what team shows up to play than their overall talent. They put a hurting on Toronto last night. This is the team I want to see for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

Like when the Sabres beat the Kings 7-0.  its just an unpredictable year

Just now, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Like when the Sabres beat the Kings 7-0.  its just an unpredictable year

Yeah, the sabres have some talent but they are not living up to it far worse than the B's are

10 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Yeah, the sabres have some talent but they are not living up to it far worse than the B's are

They are young.   Boston has veterans in their 30s.  The Sabres have most players in early 20s.  It matters

Boston beat the Penguins 5 1.  The Bs prove once again that they have the talent and compete level to win but they have to show up to play. Hopefully the Bs will have the stamina and the will to survive during the playoffs. Starting to jones for the playoffs!   

On 3/10/2024 at 2:14 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Boston beat the Penguins 5 1.  The Bs prove once again that they have the talent and compete level to win but they have to show up to play. Hopefully the Bs will have the stamina and the will to survive during the playoffs. Starting to jones for the playoffs!   

The Penguins are a complete mess.  They might lose to the Sharks tonight.  So beating them means not so much.  The Blues went into Boston and won and won again last night.  Playing well.  My 2nd fav team.  My favorite team actually has a shot but must keep winning.  They beat the Red Wings handily and I must say Im surprised.  Tonight the Islanders are in and they are playing well. Just in from the West coast maybe we catch them jet lagged?  The Sabres must win some games they are not expected to win.  But they are only a few points behind and a couple are ripe to be picked.  

• 1 month later...

The Bruins smoked toronto tonight 5 to 1. Swayman was awesome in net and the Bs only had a couple moments where they weren't skating. For the most part they shut the leafs down even with 35 shots. The Bs defended galently. lets hope they can keep it going.   

Lindy Ruff is back!!!  Rehired as the Sabres coach !!!  I feel bad for Granato who deserved better but Lindy is the 4th winningest coach in NHL History!!  Yes.  He will take this team back to the playoffs.  They  were headed there with this young group even had Don stayed IMO.  Had they not lost Quinn for half the season they would have been in and Islanders or Washington would be siting home.    I am cheering for the Leafs vs Boston.  And I really love Hummingbirds.  I have my feeder out already in still cold upstate NY.  The Goldfinch's are here and busy at the thistle feeders.  Back to hockey, the West is sure wide open.  I guess McDavid makes Edmonton the favorite. Lets see if Dallas bounces back tonight.  I would expect them to.  I expect a real battle with the Leafs and Boston.  But Boston has nobody as good as Austin Mathews.  I realize Pasternak is very good too.  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

But Boston has nobody as good as Austin Mathews.  I realize Pasternak is very good too.  

Pasternak scored 61 goals last year . Not too far off from mathews. His combined goals from this year and last year have him at the top of the league. and so far they both have one goal. Boston does need to play much better if they want to advance which they should considering they took this years RS series 4 to 0

Edited by hummingbird69