2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

As you know,  Patrice Bergeron (One Of My Hockey heroes)  will not be playing Hockey this year and I already miss his presence on the ice.

He was THE Best Two Way Center in Hockey period!  He is a 6 time winner of the Selke Award for his defensive skillz!! He was also nominated a record 12 times for the award and I think they should rename it after him.

Bergeron You will be missed.

image.jpeg.afb9d10852c2855747e4d25ee026834a.jpeg

Edited by hummingbird69

Bruins didn't look all that bad tonight. They availed themselves well for game one.  Pastrnak has 2 in the bag, he has to get at least 45 goals this year    How about that Conner Bedard fella for the Blackhawks?  He's gonna be great. Cale Makar for The AVS is also gonna be fucking awesome this year!  He can score from anywhere.   

It still feels weird not seeing #32 Jonathan Quick in the net for the Kings. There are only three players left from the Kings Stanley Cup Championship teams of 2012 and 2014: Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, and Trevor Lewis. It has already been 10 seasons since that glorious run.

35 minutes ago, Strider said:

It still feels weird not seeing #32 Jonathan Quick in the net for the Kings. There are only three players left from the Kings Stanley Cup Championship teams of 2012 and 2014: Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, and Trevor Lewis. It has already been 10 seasons since that glorious run.

Quicks a great goalie. I hate to say it but he didn't look too good during the preseason game against the Bruins.  The Rangers are gonna be tough this year.

Bruins took it to the Sharks last night 3 to 1.   12th straight win against them for the Bs. Not sure if I appreciate Marchand as the Captain yet, I am not completely sold.  If I were Cam Neely (my all time hockey hero)  it would have been McAvoy and to me he's still a bit young for it.

I think Colorado is going to be very tough this year again.

16 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Frikkin Vegas picked up right where they left off. Tomorrow the Bruins face the Ducks again. Lets see if they can keep up the pace!

What does it matter now?  It’s early.  Vegas will be a top seed in West.  Stupid Adams letting Eichel go. I don’t share the local sentiment that he was bad for team.  

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What does it matter now?  It’s early.  Vegas will be a top seed in West.  Stupid Adams letting Eichel go. I don’t share the local sentiment that he was bad for team.  

The Bruins had the best season ever last year and it didn't matter at all.  That was the point of my 6 and 0 post..  I am still disgusted over their choke out!

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

The Bruins had the best season ever last year and it didn't matter at all.  That was the point of my 6 and 0 post..  I am still disgusted over their choke out!

It’s just bad luck sometimes in this sport. Like us hitting the crossbar in third OT in 99 and then after they’re in the crease rule discounted goals all year, they handed Dallas a Cup on an illegal goal to beat my Sabres.  Boston will be fine.  They will make playoffs and I think Sabres will also.  Montreal won’t get stellar goaltending from Jake Allen every night.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It’s just bad luck sometimes in this sport. Like us hitting the crossbar in third OT in 99 and then after they’re in the crease rule discounted goals all year, they handed Dallas a Cup on an illegal goal to beat my Sabres.  Boston will be fine.  They will make playoffs and I think Sabres will also.  Montreal won’t get stellar goaltending from Jake Allen every night.

The crease rule was stupid and cost the Bruins at least one playoff game. I remember PJ Axelson having a goal taken back because his toe was touching the outer edge of the blue paint for the crease. 

The Bruins still have the same problems. Taking too many penalties and for some reason taking a penalty at or very near the 4 minute mark of the period. Last night with 4 minutes left in the game the Bruins were penalized and allowed a goal to make it 3 to 2 and then gave up the tying goal a minute later with just 7 seconds left.  Contrast that with how Vegas won their 7th game after being down 2 to one for the whole game they came back and scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game to win.  If the Bruins cannot discipline themselves and stop taking stupid penalties they won't win a damn thing again this year.

Same ole same ole!

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

The Bruins still have the same problems. Taking too many penalties and for some reason taking a penalty at or very near the 4 minute mark of the period. Last night with 4 minutes left in the game the Bruins were penalized and allowed a goal to make it 3 to 2 and then gave up the tying goal a minute later with just 7 seconds left.  Contrast that with how Vegas won their 7th game after being down 2 to one for the whole game they came back and scored 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the game to win.  If the Bruins cannot discipline themselves and stop taking stupid penalties they won't win a damn thing again this year.

Same ole same ole!

Blow game vs Ducks who may be the worst team in NHL?  Arguably.