2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

Bruins dumped Columbus tonight 4 to 1. For some reason the BJs seemed to give up when they got down a couple goals. Barn was quiet too. I mean I know they aren't doing all that great but the crowd never really got into for them.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins dumped Columbus tonight 4 to 1. For some reason the BJs seemed to give up when they got down a couple goals. Barn was quiet too. I mean I know they aren't doing all that great but the crowd never really got into for them.

Very unpredictable team are Columbus 

Bruins lose 6 5 to the penguins.  Same ole shit from the B's. Score a goal and then step off the gas and give it right back. They scored 5 goals to lose a game they should have won outright. On the other hand they scored 5 goals which means they are totally capable of playing well but for some reason they just keep shooting themselves in the foot. 3 of the first five goals went in off a bruin standing in front of the goalie.  I will never understand why players would rather screen their goalie than let them do their job. PLUS the stupid penalties and you lose a game while scoring 5 goals.

Damn Bruins lost a tough one tonight. They played well so I'm not worried about the rest of the trip. Same ole reasons for the loss though, too many penalties and a lot of over stick handling resulting in lost pucks.

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Damn Bruins lost a tough one tonight. They played well so I'm not worried about the rest of the trip. Same ole reasons for the loss though, too many penalties and a lot of over stick handling resulting in lost pucks.

We will beat them next time. Sabres are getting better.  But if playoffs started today I believe the finals would be Edmonton vs Florida.  I am really really surprised Florida held it together this long.  They just blew out a good western team on the road.  But my Sabres have played well of late

WoW!  the bruins just lost in OT AGAIN for the second straight game!  I don't get it, they look like they don't know how to play hockey 3 on 3  I see a lot of circling with guys going back to the blue line while the other curls behind the net or everybody going a different direction altogether. It's like they forgot about geometry and instead of looking for a nice  way to create a triangle they run around looking stupid. Bruins lost another winnable game.

21 hours ago, Strider said:

The Kings have yet to win this year as they slip down the standings.

They were playing well. My young Sabres up and down.  If playoffs started today I’d pick a Florida or Toronto vs Edmonton final.  Sleeper?  Seattle Kracken! 

OMG!!!! I just watched the dumbest hockey in Bruins history.  They gave Vegas a 2 on 1 and they scored 46 seconds into OT!!  Bruins are sooooo stupid they just let them have the game like it was on purpose! What a bunch of dopes just totally stupid there is no other explanation other than they are stupid and do not know how to play 3 on 3 hockey what so ever. This is the third OT game in a row that they lost because they just do not know what they are doing. All you have to do is watch and see for yourselves. STUPID!!!

I can not let this go!!   After playing a pretty good game and having to come back to tie it with 7 minutes left they just collapse as if they had no idea they were still in play! I mean the puck was going one way and they went the other way as if there were 2 more players behind them on their team. I cannot fathom how this happened it's unforgivable.

Edited by hummingbird69

• 2 weeks later...

After losing 4 straight the Bruins win 5 and then tonight lose to Carolina. They didn't show up to play until the third where they score 2 goals to tie it and then play their asses off for 5 minutes, get several good chances to score but can't and then give up the go ahead goal with 230 left in the game. What a let down.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

After losing 4 straight the Bruins win 5 and then tonight lose to Carolina. They didn't show up to play until the third where they score 2 goals to tie it and then play their asses off for 5 minutes, get several good chances to score but can't and then give up the go ahead goal with 230 left in the game. What a let down.

I think after last year they only care about the playoffs.  The Sabres lose to Gibson and then beat the Kings.  Typical  Good young team but that is just it.  Boston has guys in their 30s and the Sabres are young, in their 20s.  Its going to take a bit of time but they will be good soon

• 4 weeks later...

Boy the Bruins really should be embarrassed with their play of late and today they blue another one in OT had a power play couldn't score right at the end of the Power play they send the puck to wards the OZ blue line it gets out and the Kings player who is just jumping on the ice gets it and scores. 

I could be wrong but I don't see the Bruins doing a damn thing in the Playoffs this year. 

On 2/17/2024 at 3:32 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Boy the Bruins really should be embarrassed with their play of late and today they blue another one in OT had a power play couldn't score right at the end of the Power play they send the puck to wards the OZ blue line it gets out and the Kings player who is just jumping on the ice gets it and scores. 

I could be wrong but I don't see the Bruins doing a damn thing in the Playoffs this year. 

I don’t think Boston are going far.  Who ever thought Florida with their horrific fan base would be the best team in the NHL. Right now they are!  My Sabres were rolling then let Gibson and Do cos win 3-2.  Blues doing well but might not be consistent enough? Seattle are now my 3rd favorite team along with Vancouver,  I do not want Edmonton to win! Or Florida.  

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I don’t think Boston are going far.  Who ever thought Florida with their horrific fan base would be the best team in the NHL. Right now they are!  My Sabres were rolling then let Gibson and Do cos win 3-2.  Blues doing well but might not be consistent enough? Seattle are now my 3rd favorite team along with Vancouver,  I do not want Edmonton to win! Or Florida.  

They may not go far but they will make the playoffs. Buffalo on the other hand, most likely wont. The shame with the Bruins is that they have no leader. The loss of Bergeron's presence has really hurt them it's its starting to show bigtime.

Soooooo sick of the tie bullshit with the Bruins!.. They sure know how to lose a game.  Pastrnak has a clean unopposed 2 on one and he shoots the puck right in the goalies chest instead of making the pass to the open side.  Calgary gets the puck comes down and scores.  The Bruins do not know how to finish a friggin game.  

REAL TIME COMMENT The Bruins SUCK!! man they suck!!

They lose in overtime after having too many men on the ice. didn't survive one shift on the PK.

They do not deserve the position they sis in right now.

Edited by hummingbird69

On 2/21/2024 at 4:44 PM, hummingbird69 said:

They may not go far but they will make the playoffs. Buffalo on the other hand, most likely wont. The shame with the Bruins is that they have no leader. The loss of Bergeron's presence has really hurt them it's its starting to show bigtime.

Where is Bergeron?  I forget where he went?  The Sabres have been pretty good of late.  So here they go again.  A chance to be 500.  It seems every time this happens they lose.  They are decided underdogs vs  Carolina.  I cant stand Adams.  The GM.  Loses us Eichel and right after I put up the money for his stinking jersey I have collecting dust.  He needs to make a trade and soon.  Losing Jack Quinn was big.  If we had him I would like our chances far more of getting in.  But they have been winning.  Luukenen has been very good. They need to make a trade.  They are very young and that is one reason its going to take time. I think Boston has their own problems.  Not the team they were last year even though their record was a bit deceiving.  Certainly they are not as good as some of the old Boston teams.  St Louis has been tough to figure out. Played well and then blown out in Detroit yesterday.  The Red Wings are playing well and seem  to be on their way back.  The Blues are my 2nd favorite team and I doubt they are going far this year. I finally had something to cheer about when they won that cup in Boston. So put me down as my third favorite teams being Vancouver and Seattle.   

Another loss in a shootout for the Bruins!  Pastrnak gets a hatty and in the shootout doesn't even bother to try and get the goalie to move!!  Terrible!!

Also  the use of goalie interference is ruining hockey and it cost the Bruins yet another goal.  Taking away good hockey goals because of some slight contact is ruining hockey period.

My Sabres are playing well now.  They are young.  It really hurt losing Jack Quinn.  They beat Vegas and Eichel 7-2 last night and moved above the 500 mark.  They need to stay hot to have any shot to get in.  I see the Islanders beat the Bruins handily.  I am surprised how well the Isles and Capitals are playing.  And Florida are the best team in the NHL right now.  No denying it.  It’s hard to believe but the Florida Panthers 🐆 would by my pick right now to get to finals.  Probably vs either Vancouver, Edmonton or maybe a team like Winnipeg?  I have to see where the  Blues are in standings.  My 2nd favorite and I like this Seattle team also.  

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My Sabres are playing well now.  They are young.  It really hurt losing Jack Quinn.  They beat Vegas and Eichel 7-2 last night and moved above the 500 mark.  They need to stay hot to have any shot to get in.  I see the Islanders beat the Bruins handily.  I am surprised how well the Isles and Capitals are playing.  And Florida are the best team in the NHL right now.  No denying it.  It’s hard to believe but the Florida Panthers 🐆 would by my pick right now to get to finals.  Probably vs either Vancouver, Edmonton or maybe a team like Winnipeg?  I have to see where the  Blues are in standings.  My 2nd favorite and I like this Seattle team also.  

Its easy to beat a team that didn't show up tp play at all. Since the break the Bruins have not played well at all except for the game they won against the Oilers.

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Tough loss for Buffalo tonight.  Washington also got their asses handed to them by the Yotes who are near the bottom of the league 

I am really surprised by the Wash score.  Boston at Leafs tonight.  Leafs showing some life of late.  Sabres played Luukenen back to back nights.  I’ve never seen them do this.  Ever

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 3/3/2024 at 10:04 AM, hummingbird69 said:

Its easy to beat a team that didn't show up tp play at all. Since the break the Bruins have not played well at all except for the game they won against the Oilers.

So much for the Leafs playing well.  With the talent they have they are just up and down.  Vegas has really spun out of late.  Vancouver has also had problems.  The Sabres are within striking distance of a few teams including the Devils.  But I must say again, losing Jack Quinn was a killer