2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

The Bruins completely collapsed last night. I felt they were lucky to win game one. Lets see how they fare back home. They will be lucky to split the next 2 games.

With the Kings out I am pulling for the Bruins now. Good luck. 🤞 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:15 PM, Strider said:

With the Kings out I am pulling for the Bruins now. Good luck. 🤞 

Bruins will be lucky to split these 2 games. If they don't there's no chance they make it to 7

3 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Carolina makes it past the broom!!!!.   Game 5 should be serious.   Bruins will be lucky to win tomorrow.

A sweep may have been tough for the Rangers as they've won 7 straight playoff games this year. Perhaps, they want to clinch at The Garden?

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I think they are done?  I’m surprised Colorado is down 3-1. I have a small wager on a Florida vs Vancouver final.  The Canucks part may be tough.  I’d like to see Vancouver win

Colorado being down 3 1 is a surprise.  Carolina bringing the heat to the Rangers. The Ranger fans sure looked dejected after last nights loss. Can carolina win??? Not sure about that. Bruins will probably lose tonight. Should happen to win, then it's just more evidence that the universe is out to make me sick.

Last night's Bruins game is proof they can play, why they don't play that way consistently is another question.  Even with all the times they shot themselves in the foot they still battled hard and came out with a win. Friday will be another test. If they force game 7 it's more proof that the universe is out to make me sick. It's just stringing me along ready to make it look like it's all good and then BAM!  take it all away.

There are four cities left that have a chance to have teams in both the NHL Stanley Cup Finals and NBA Finals: Boston (Bruins and Celtics), Dallas (Stars and Mavericks), Denver (Nuggets and Avalanche), and New York (Rangers and Knicks). At the moment, Dallas seems to be the best bet, followed by New York and Boston (Celtics have already clinched the next round, but the Bruins have a long climb still).

Boston Bruins suck soooooo hard!  a fucking minute and a half left you can't get possession of the puck yet again in your own zone. Swayman plays his ass off and the rest are taking stupid ass penalties or shooting the puck right at the other team. They cannot score! WTF one goal ! one!    They better fire montgomery because he definitely did not do the right job of addressing their problems at all. they didn't change a thing and because of that they didn't deserve to win and they didn't. 

Here's what they need to work on.

Puck handling

passing

Getting to the puck first in the D zone

getting the puck out of the D zone

Making better decisions with the puck in the neutral zone

Harder forechecking in the O zone

The whole team including the coaches need to keep their heads in the game and stop with the too many men bullshit. A record 7 times in the playoffs. Embarrassing!!

Play the full 60 minutes!!

AND STOP TAKING DUMBASS PENALTIES!  none of the penalties they took were of the necessary kind, NONE.

Terrible way to end a season.

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Boston Bruins suck soooooo hard!  a fucking minute and a half left you can't get possession of the puck yet again in your own zone. Swayman plays his ass off and the rest are taking stupid ass penalties or shooting the puck right at the other team. They cannot score! WTF one goal ! one!    They better fire montgomery because he definitely did not do the right job of addressing their problems at all. they didn't change a thing and because of that they didn't deserve to win and they didn't. 

Here's what they need to work on.

Puck handling

passing

Getting to the puck first in the D zone

getting the puck out of the D zone

Making better decisions with the puck in the neutral zone

Harder forechecking in the O zone

The whole team including the coaches need to keep their heads in the game and stop with the too many men bullshit. A record 7 times in the playoffs. Embarrassing!!

Play the full 60 minutes!!

AND STOP TAKING DUMBASS PENALTIES!  none of the penalties they took were of the necessary kind, NONE.

Terrible way to end a season.

112 wins and 244 points the last two seasons and NADA to show for it. Pour yourself a nice cold one and hope for better next season.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

112 wins and 244 points the last two seasons and NADA to show for it. Pour yourself a nice cold one and hope for better next season.

I have no expectations for next year at all because the Bruins will be in a rebuilding mode for sure.

Stark contrast between the effort the Stars put in over just about 2 full overtimes and the lame effort the Bruins put in for 57 and half minutes.

The Stars were flying all over the ice. No one was skating slow. The B's on the other hand were lackadaisical in their own end with the puck and on Power plays . They were playing like it was a regular season game. Their overall effort was regular season and that was nowhere near good enough last year and they didn't learn a thing because they gave the same effort this year.

Lame. They're lucky I'm not the coach.

:drinks:

14 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I have no expectations for next year at all because the Bruins will be in a rebuilding mode for sure.

Stark contrast between the effort the Stars put in over just about 2 full overtimes and the lame effort the Bruins put in for 57 and half minutes.

The Stars were flying all over the ice. No one was skating slow. The B's on the other hand were lackadaisical in their own end with the puck and on Power plays . They were playing like it was a regular season game. Their overall effort was regular season and that was nowhere near good enough last year and they didn't learn a thing because they gave the same effort this year.

Lame. They're lucky I'm not the coach.

:drinks:

It might help if they could avoid the Panthers in the playoffs. Florida seems to have Boston's number.