2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

47 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

First shut out for Luukenen.  Flyers up next.  I cant wait until we get Jack Quinn back

Are you aware of one of our Announcers?  His name is Jack Edwards and this guy is as knowledgeable about hockey as they come but he has a terrible habit of jinxing the Bruins. every game he makes comments that shouldn't be made at the time he makes them. E.G  last game he mentioned Swayman had a shut out going, You never say the S word!!  every time in the past when he said something the shutout was blown and last game was no exception but it was even worse because he put the double kybosh on the Bs when right after he mentioned the shutout he mentioned a player on Detroit who was scoring a goal a game and what do you know he scored killing the shutout and keeping his streak alive making us sick of his comments yet again.  I really want him to stop with the stats. Like,  The bruins have killed 22 out of 22 penalties whoops they were scored on or he'll say The other team hasn't scored a goal in their last 19 powerplays whoops now they score. What ever he mentions turns into a curse. 

Bruins pulled another win out of their asses tonight  8 0 1  what a start!  McAvoy makes himself with a nice goal and then makes himself a zero by making a hit to the head and gets a major penalty and a match penalty. Could be suspended. What an idiot. Even if he didn't make contact with the guys head he was still going to get an interference call because the puck was no where near him when he made the hit. Bruins were lucky to survive 7 good shots during the 5 min major.   If I were his coach I'd be pissed about that shit.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:24 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins pulled another win out of their asses tonight  8 0 1  what a start!  McAvoy makes himself with a nice goal and then makes himself a zero by making a hit to the head and gets a major penalty and a match penalty. Could be suspended. What an idiot. Even if he didn't make contact with the guys head he was still going to get an interference call because the puck was no where near him when he made the hit. Bruins were lucky to survive 7 good shots during the 5 min major.   If I were his coach I'd be pissed about that shit.

Their record is good. I wish Ullmark had stayed in Buffalo.  If Luukenen can play like he did vs Colorado, they should be good.  Two vs Flyers coming up.

38 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Buffalo laid one on Philly last night, Seems their season isn't starting off to good. McAvoy got four games for his stupidity.  How long can the Bruins keep pace with Vegas and how long can Vegas maintain their streak??

Game was blacked out here?  I’m in upstate NY and Sabres at Philly!!!  Ridiculous.  Luukenen played great last two!  Sabres can make playoffs!   I think Leaf’s knock off Boston tonight.  Do not forget Toronto is good

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Game was blacked out here?  I’m in upstate NY and Sabres at Philly!!!  Ridiculous.  Luukenen played great last two!  Sabres can make playoffs!   I think Leaf’s knock off Boston tonight.  Do not forget Toronto is good

Too Bad, Buffalo started a bit off but they picked it up big time and philly sucked

9 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins beat Toronto  in shootout 3 2. that's four or five wins for Boston straight wins against the leafs in a row.   Toronto hasn't had the full cohesion yet. They will get tougher as the season goes on.  Rangers are also going to be a tough competitor this year.

And my Sabres. It’s sad to see how San Jose is now worst team in NHL.  Vancouver ran up the score.  When you get beat like that at home, and I’m sure the boos rang down, it’s a sign that your players have quit and possibly are put to get the coach fired.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And my Sabres. It’s sad to see how San Jose is now worst team in NHL.  Vancouver ran up the score.  When you get beat like that at home, and I’m sure the boos rang down, it’s a sign that your players have quit and possibly are put to get the coach fired.  

Texas Rangers. WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS.  Baltimore Orioles.  Nothing.  Losers.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

At 0 9 and 1 something must be going on in that locker room that we are not privy to. Bruins played them early on and they didn't look too bad. I wonder what the problem is.

Bruins blew it tonight. Too many penalties again which kicked their ass. Good thing Pastrnak scored. I don't know if I could handle a long goalless drought for him. Buffalo clawed their way back to 500 with a win tonight. Too bad the Bruins just couldn't stay disciplined.

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Geez what the hell is going on with the AVS?  3 shutouts in 4 games?   Georgiev was swiss cheese last night against Vegas.

I know. Incredible  Like them and San Jose have quit.  Pittsburgh hangs another 10 on them.  Buffalo wins in Toronto!!!! Shocking.  46 shots on goal after no show vs Philly in rematch. 

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Ducks are the new comeback Kings with 6th straight comeback win over Vegas.  Bruins can hit 10 1 1 with a win against Dallas to night. Should be a good game as Dallas has a good starting record 7 2 1

I had the Ducks yesterday because I figured Vegas would be caught in a bad situation, having just won a big game and then traveling to Anaheim and likely not motivated.  I was worried a bit. I just have to take Dallas coming off a loss at Vancouver.  Should be a tough game.

On 11/12/2023 at 6:24 AM, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins choked it last night.  Why do they always look so stupid during overtime? Like they don't know what to do.

They are in Buffalo tomorrow night.  I expect Granato to be on notice after being shut out in Pittsburgh by a team that just came back from the west coast.  Sabres should be ready .  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They are in Buffalo tomorrow night.  I expect Granato to be on notice after being shut out in Pittsburgh by a team that just came back from the west coast.  Sabres should be ready .  

Bruins may be off to a great start but they are playing a bit too loose for my taste. They barely made it to overtime in the last game. If they don't start playing a better game for 60 minutes they will have a terrible time trying to stay on top.